Almost time to hang it up

jkbemdavis

Elite Member
I have been continuing to CRH each week this year but have had little to report. Since March I have found a grand total of 2 silvers during my CRHing. I have found a number of NIFC’s but not other commemoratives or unusuals. (This in spite of searching two boxes per week). I’m beginning to feel like the amount of time spend and fuel spent might be better spent elsewhere. I enjoy checking the posts here, and even the occasional silver find keeps me going but two silvers out of $20,000 in coins suggests the silver is just not in this neck of the woods any more or is being completely culled by either the coin machines or Loomis.
I’m gonna try again next week, and then... maybe I’ll just be cheering for you for a while.

Too bad. It does sound like a TON has been sifted out. I have found consistent and FUN results just hunting pennies for wheats an error coins. Occasionally I will do a few rolls of dimes, quarters, or halves. The rest of the time I am smoothing out the grass with a DD coil.

Too bad. It does sound like a TON has been sifted out. I have found consistent and FUN results just hunting pennies for wheats an error coins. Occasionally I will do a few rolls of dimes, quarters, or halves. The rest of the time I am smoothing out the grass with a DD coil.

That’s what I’m headed back towards lol

Just to let you know, Loomis is not at fault. They do not sort or separate silver, as ALL of KT's finds come from Loomis boxes. His Majesty thinks your locals who regularly dump at bank machines just may not presently be dumping silver in your area. Halves come from old folks, young people have never seen them in circulation! KT seriously doubts that old folks are not passing away, but maybe the old hoarders have all died off in your area, as that is the source, imho, of all the silver halves that wind up in rolls. No local bank in my realm will take hand rolled coins anymore, they simply refer you to one of their branches with a coin machine! Anywho, KT understands the frustration of searching so many coins and not getting something silver for your efforts!

If you do decide to quit, KT hopes you will at the least visit this topic occasionally just to see what ol' KT is up to! Best of luck to you!

What types of coin are you hunting? That sounds like Quarter hunting to me (only 2 silvers with searching 2k/week since March???). At least that's the luck I would expect with Quarters.

If you are hunting halves and it's this bone dry, maybe look going to a different bank altogether? Or doing a weekend hunt here or there on a Saturday morning and hitting up a few banks within hours away of you? I've heard guys having good luck with this in the past.

Maybe consider changing it up (no pun-intended)? Go to Dimes and Nickels for a bit. Granted you won't find any big scores (10+ silver in one box) but it will help you get the monkey off your back and get some more silvers in your collection.

Either way good luck. I need to get back into CRH!

Just to let you know, Loomis is not at fault. They do not sort or separate silver, as ALL of KT's finds come from Loomis boxes. His Majesty thinks your locals who regularly dump at bank machines just may not presently be dumping silver in your area. Halves come from old folks, young people have never seen them in circulation! KT seriously doubts that old folks are not passing away, but maybe the old hoarders have all died off in your area, as that is the source, imho, of all the silver halves that wind up in rolls. No local bank in my realm will take hand rolled coins anymore, they simply refer you to one of their branches with a coin machine! Anywho, KT understands the frustration of searching so many coins and not getting something silver for your efforts!

If you do decide to quit, KT hopes you will at the least visit this topic occasionally just to see what ol' KT is up to! Best of luck to you!

Good points there KT . At my bank those poor underpaid cashiers have now discovered the joys of CRH and it's really dry . Once in awhile though
I get an interesting piece of paper money there and I've been saving them . I love the old scrolled artistic looking old bills .

I have been continuing to CRH each week this year but have had little to report. Since March I have found a grand total of 2 silvers during my CRHing. I have found a number of NIFC’s but not other commemoratives or unusuals. (This in spite of searching two boxes per week). I’m beginning to feel like the amount of time spend and fuel spent might be better spent elsewhere. I enjoy checking the posts here, and even the occasional silver find keeps me going but two silvers out of $20,000 in coins suggests the silver is just not in this neck of the woods any more or is being completely culled by either the coin machines or Loomis.
I’m gonna try again next week, and then... maybe I’ll just be cheering for you for a while.
I see you are a bit to close to PA, home of NF String and son, manufacturers of coin wrappers and coin rolling machines. They also operate an Ebay coin store “Webcoins”, in which they sell bulk copper cents and US silver, tokens and even guitar picks and SD cards :lol:. I can imagine the volume of coins they are searching, since 2013...might explain the lack of finds in your area.

I quit back around 2014 after a six year run. I’m content to sit on the sidelines now, gotta give credit to those still in the game!

I see you are a bit to close to PA, home of NF String and son, manufacturers of coin wrappers and coin rolling machines. They also operate an Ebay coin store “Webcoins”, in which they sell bulk copper cents and US silver, tokens and even guitar picks and SD cards :lol:. I can imagine the volume of coins they are searching, since 2013...might explain the lack of finds in your area.

I quit back around 2014 after a six year run. I’m content to sit on the sidelines now, gotta give credit to those still in the game!
Thanks for that info. I think N.F. String and Sons stepped up their game this year, I used to average 1 silver every 2 boxes of dimes, but this year I average about 1 every 6 boxes. :( But I checked out their Webcoins eBay store, and it's amazing to see what is still being found in circulation - I just wish us CRHers were finding them instead of a corporation. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom