1st hunt with CZ21

Awendaw

Forum Supporter
Went out for about an hour this morning. I must be ground balancing wrong or something but it didn't make a difference where it was at. I could run sens about wide open with no falsing. Target id was right on.

Attachments

• 20130224_122422.jpg
    20130224_122422.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 542
You may find that the norm for most beaches.... I haven't been able to ground balance mine at Florida beaches but was able to up in Pa. and Ohio when working beaches there.... If you aren't falsing and you are getting targets you should be good to go.

Cliff

Good start, And Good Luck...In no time she will start that midtone song...Gold

If the Ground Balance gave no tone run the GB at 10. That will be normal in a low mineral area, mine is the same way here on the Gulf.. The owners manual says to set the sensitivity at 3 for saltwater and 7 for freshwater. I am able to run the sensitivity between 5 - 6 before it falses, then I back it off a half a number. Was yours in the water or dry sand when it was not falsing? It should have falsed in the water with the sens wide open.

How did you like your new CZ 21?

In the wet sand sens at 9 it didnt matter where ground was. When I did the bobbing method sound never really changed.

I did like it. Alot better to have id to get an idea of what ur digging. I'll have some more time this week to try it out some more.

After having a little time with the CZ 21 it's a good time to re-read the owners manual. Once you have used the CZ, things on the manual will make a little more sense.

I use the auto Ground Balance. Hold the coil 12-15 inches above the waterline, turn the pinpoint on while lowing the coil and turning the GB knob. Usually no change in sound, so turn it to 10 and hunt. The CZ is pretty much a turn and go machine.

If you ever do run into an area that it does GB, do check the GB as you move down the beach as it may change, much like the sensitivity on an Excal. However I have rarely run into an area where the CZ ever needed to GB, so don't be concerned, that is normal to run the GB at 10. Don't get lazy always check if you have not been on that beach before. If you have hunted that beach before and it was GB 10, turn it to 10 and go.

The CZ is a good machine, I think you will do well with it.

After having a little time with the CZ 21 it's a good time to re-read the owners manual. Once you have used the CZ, things on the manual will make a little more sense.

I use the auto Ground Balance. Hold the coil 12-15 inches above the waterline, turn the pinpoint on while lowing the coil and turning the GB knob. Usually no change in sound, so turn it to 10 and hunt. The CZ is pretty much a turn and go machine.

If you ever do run into an area that it does GB, do check the GB as you move down the beach as it may change, much like the sensitivity on an Excal. However I have rarely run into an area where the CZ ever needed to GB, so don't be concerned, that is normal to run the GB at 10. Don't get lazy always check if you have not been on that beach before. If you have hunted that beach before and it was GB 10, turn it to 10 and go.

The CZ is a good machine, I think you will do well with it.

Thats what it was doing. I'll just do a quick gb check and if no change in tone i'll put it on 10 and crank the sens up until I get chatter. Also gonna take some getting used to that pinpoint button. Kinda odd

Thats what it was doing. I'll just do a quick gb check and if no change in tone i'll put it on 10 and crank the sens up until I get chatter. Also gonna take some getting used to that pinpoint button. Kinda odd

If this helps....I don't use the pinpoint button. The CZ will give the loudest signal in the center, round opening of the coil. Once you have established that move the coil forward until the signal disappears, then come back until you hear it. The target will be right there at the bottom of the coil. Mark it with the toe of your foot and put the "scoop" ( calm down BP ) right there and dig. With a little practice, it is much faster than using the PP button. Try it in the dry sand first so you can see and hear what is happening with the target location, makes it much easier than learning it in the water.

I am a firm believer for any new water hunter, with a new machine to learn the machine, inside and out in the dry or wet sand before hitting the water. It is easier to learn trash targets sounds on land than fighting ocean currents and getting discouraged, or to tired to dig. JMO others my vary.

10-4. Thanks for all the advice. I hunted the beaches around here last year with a sea hunter with limited success. Got tired of tent stakes and crab trap parts

Glad to here some about other machines,,,just want to know how they do,,,don't think I would ever change but still like to here comparisons,,,keep at it and let us know how you do with it

It would be interesting to see how many might switch to the CZ if there were an equal number using it. I think the Xcal results because of the many posters scare way to many people off from this machine. It surprises me how few post their finds with the CZ.... wonder why?

Dew

It would be interesting to see how many might switch to the CZ if there were an equal number using it. I think the Xcal results because of the many posters scare way to many people off from this machine. It surprises me how few post their finds with the CZ.... wonder why?

Dew

You are 100% correct. When Fisher sold out to of all company's, Bounty Hunter there was a mass exodus to Minelab, me included as my CZ 20 had just died and WHO wanted a Bounty Hunter water machine?

Over the years ML did outstanding so that became the #1 water machine. THEN ML sold out to a conglomerate that cut quality and raised prices for the bottom line.

In the meantime Bounty Hunter continued to manufacture the CZ 21 under the old Fisher patients and it's still the same machine as far as depth and quality. Will people switch back, I don't know but I did and so far not sorry. There is more hype on the Excal, is it a better machine? I don't think so. Look at Casper he is killing it with CZ's.

With the new price increase, the lack of available replacement parts for the Excal, I look for more to try, or switch back to the CZ. JMO.

Got out again for an hour or so today. Nothing great but figuring the cz out. Got to use the new stavr scoop. So far its better than my rtg. I have to get a better handle though. 1 question - I know it says in the manual the autotune mode is a threshold based mode but its silent on mine?

Attachments

• 20130226_162759.jpg
    20130226_162759.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 273
Back
Top Bottom