Tim Richmond

fekirchner

I know this is not the place maybe but I just got done watching the 30 on 30 peice by ESPN on Tim Richmond. Now that is a name I have not thought about in a long time. He was my hero in school and seeing this brought back some real good memories. He was Mr. Hollywood. I wanted to be him so bad. I took alot of heat for being a fan when they said it was drugs. When it was known it was AIDS that made the teasing much worst. I keeped those thoughts of seeing him race and win so many in such a short time locked away. The show brought tears to my eyes. What could have been? All I want to say is NASCAR you suck. Tim is a true hero and should be honored.
Sorry for the rant if you get a chance watch it on demand.

We miss you Tim!:bowdown:

I've been trying to watch that episode but never seem to be able to catch it:( I understand your pain about Richmond... After David Pearson retired I started to look for a new driver to follow and found Richmond. Man, he was one hell of a racecar driver, but then he died. Started to like Alan Kulwicki's driving style until his untimely death. Then I followed Davey Allison until he was killed in a helicopter crash. After that I almost stopped watching NASCAR for fear of another driver being killed. Now these days, 9 years later, NASCAR is not the same without Dale Earnhardt, who is still sorely missed.
I agree Tim Richmond should be honored, it's his impact on the track that should be focused upon and not his off track antics.

Back
Top Bottom