Help! Poison Ivy!

I remember getting it bad once in CT, i bought the pricey stuff from the pharmacy. It was basically a high ratio epsome salt solution which you scrubbed the blisters with under running water, this helps wash away any oils, and then the second part was some sort of antiseptic if i remember correctly... It felt GREAT to rub the salt part in, dries it up quick!
Good luck, itch is a terrible feeling...

Glycerin soap. The higher the glycerin content the better. It will disolve the venomous oils and leave your skin soft.
Bob

Ha...he said venomous Vethraxx... :lol: As for the snakes, you are absolutely correct! How about this... the venom from a venomous snake can have poisonous effects to the human body and has the potential to shut down the autonomic nervous system.... from the venom, which was poisonous.... :laughing:

I know, this has nothing to do with Ace's problem, but I have to jest. Ace, I hope the Ivarest works for you. I had a similar circumstance last spring. The place had great potential, but was loaded with poison ivy, and the plant wasn't up yet, so I was clueless, and eventually itchy...

oh man this reminds me of a good story....

Back in high school, my best friend's parents would go out of town every year for 4weeks and leave us to watch the house. They'd give us money, fill the fridge with food and we'd have full run of the house.

One year, they came back after only a week. Turns out his mother had squatted in the woods to pee, and happened to squat on some poison ivy. His dad also had poison ivy...on his face.

While not contagious, if you don't know you've been exposed to it (until the itching etc starts), you can end up with it from the resin that the leaves deposit on the affected part.

Back
Top Bottom