Attention All Smokers!

Michigan Badger

Forum Supporter
It's time to smoke!!!!

Juicy deep smoked Lake Michigan salmon...YUM YUM!

smokefish.jpg

smokefish2.jpg

That is a beautiful setup you got there badger.

I bring my two sons and their friends up to our cabin every summer and I have become the King of beer can chicken... They couldn't stop laughing at the can up the chickens backside, so I have to do it every time we are up north.

Your smoker is about 4 times larger than mine. Where did you get that thing and what did it set you back if you don't mind me asking. I could use one for the house.

Thanks

Mike

That is a beautiful setup you got there badger.

I bring my two sons and their friends up to our cabin every summer and I have become the King of beer can chicken... They couldn't stop laughing at the can up the chickens backside, so I have to do it every time we are up north.

Your smoker is about 4 times larger than mine. Where did you get that thing and what did it set you back if you don't mind me asking. I could use one for the house.

Thanks

Mike

Hey Mike,

I ordered it online via the Walmart site so I got free shipping to my local Walmart store. The smoker was $97 shipped but the propane tank is extra of course.

I love it. It's the best smoker I've ever owned. I changed the top vent a little. I wanted to reduce the ventilation.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Out...21-Gas-Smoker/12429508?adid=bzv_fb_revshr_001

Just got done eating...now I hungry again. Smoked Salmon is by far one of my favorite foods!

Doug

Nice. It usually takes me a lot longer to smoke those Lake Michigan fish than those out of Lake Superior.

NICE job!!!! Hickory?? Looks perfect!!!!! I just had hickory smoked burgers with swiss cheese and sauteed onions and mushrooms.

so i'm lighting up a cigar when i see the title of this thread. :lol::lol:

ok, different kind of "smoking", HAHA!

but seriously, nothing beats smoked Atlantic Salmon! then again, the fish in that photo sure looks some good!! it'll soon be smoking season around here and every so often a person drives by certain places and you just know there's a smokehouse somewhere handy, hehe. ;)

Nice salmon.

I use my Weber Smokey Mountain year round.

I'll do 4 butts at a time overnight, pull them and then vac seal in 2lb bags. Boil the bags and serve after that!

Home made rubs and sauces.

Nothing beats it!

Nice salmon.

I use my Weber Smokey Mountain year round.

I'll do 4 butts at a time overnight, pull them and then vac seal in 2lb bags. Boil the bags and serve after that!

Home made rubs and sauces.

Nothing beats it!

I need to get into that vacuum packing for my smoke fish. It doesn't take much more time to do 9 lbs. instead of 3. And doing more at once is much more economical.

Any suggestions on the brand of sealer?

I need to get into that vacuum packing for my smoke fish. It doesn't take much more time to do 9 lbs. instead of 3. And doing more at once is much more economical.

Any suggestions on the brand of sealer?

FoodSaver brand. Get them at any Big Box, wholesale club. I got ours at BJ's and I get the bags there too.

To reheat you just put the whole bag in simmering water and the BBQ smell comes right through!

Here it is in use.

032.jpg

FoodSaver brand. Get them at any Big Box, wholesale club. I got ours at BJ's and I get the bags there too.

To reheat you just put the whole bag in simmering water and the BBQ smell comes right through!

Here it is in use.

032.jpg

Yes, I've got to get one. I've read online where they're much safer than the old method of freezer ziplock bags, etc. One article I read said the vacuum system will keep smoked fish up to 3 years although I must admit 12 lbs wouldn't last 6 months around here. And I'm just as big into smoked chicken and turkey as I am fish.

Hum, think maybe I'll smoke up about 8 lbs of chicken legs for company coming up here next week. I'll tell you my smoked chicken legs just melt in the mouth!

Back
Top Bottom