• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A debate of a few machines I’m debating.

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
So I have WAY to many detectors haha.
But I’m getting into prospecting more and have a gold monster 1000.
While it’s good in dry / damp sand being it’s a water rain resistant only I won’t even try it in the water.
I am debating two machines really and debating a third one if I found right price used. Currently know the monster will sing on gold, lead, foil.
But know it doesn’t get as deep.
At the same time I want something I can hit the ocean with.
As of now my At Pro and at gold. Seem to really hate the salt water. Constantly chattery etc.
I’ve been told the ctx 3030 is a killer for everything but gold.
But how small until it’s almost blind to the gold and how deep?
Also debating a sdc 3000 I think it is but everyone so far has said a gold only machine really.
Also in the mix of consideration equinox 800.
So which is best bang for the buck in the salt water and water proof ?
And gold sensitivity to try and keep it multi use?

Equinox does it all. However I tried running my 800 at the beach twice in gold mode to find fine gold chains which are unlikely here and it wasn't stable enough for me. So I ran it in beach mode with no issues.

Equinox does it all. However I tried running my 800 at the beach twice in gold mode to find fine gold chains which are unlikely here and it wasn't stable enough for me. So I ran it in beach mode with no issues.
How was beach mode IN the water. Any chatter while swinging etc?
Or pretty solid until a target was hit?

Hi,
you have a good collection of detectors. If you are really getting into prospecting and you already like salt water beach hunting and you want waterproof and wireless, the simultaneous multi frequency Equinox 800 is really hard to beat for those two purposes. It does fine on coins, jewelry (silver too) and relics. I am a long-time gold prospector in the Rocky Mountains and desert southwest. I have used the Gold Monster 1000 for prospecting both on land and in freshwater streams. It works great but its feature set is very limited. The Nox 800 can do everything that the GM 1000 can do plus it is much more versatile for other detecting and has wireless and waterproofing, and its other features are light years ahead of the GM 1000. It is my go to prospecting detector, coin and jewelry detector, relic hunter and beach detector. It weighs a lot less than the CTX 3030 and the SDC 2300. The only thing it doesn't have is an old fashioned true all metal mode which I kind of miss. That does not mean that its gold modes are not deep and super hot. They are really deep and extremely sensitive on small gold (as good as the GM 1000). The gold modes on the Equinox 800 are hybrids or mixed modes with partial all metal mode features and partial discrimination features too which makes it a fantastic gold detector in multi frequency mode. I would definitely get the 6" coil for prospecting in areas with lots of trash or hot rocks however. It works great for aluminum trashed parks too. So, if you kind of like classic all metal mode you might want to keep your AT Gold for a backup.

Jeff

Hi,
you have a good collection of detectors. If you are really getting into prospecting and you already like salt water beach hunting and you want waterproof and wireless, the simultaneous multi frequency Equinox 800 is really hard to beat for those two purposes. It does fine on coins, jewelry (silver too) and relics. I am a long-time gold prospector in the Rocky Mountains and desert southwest. I have used the Gold Monster 1000 for prospecting both on land and in freshwater streams. It works great but its feature set is very limited. The Nox 800 can do everything that the GM 1000 can do plus it is much more versatile for other detecting and has wireless and waterproofing, and its other features are light years ahead of the GM 1000. It is my go to prospecting detector, coin and jewelry detector, relic hunter and beach detector. It weighs a lot less than the CTX 3030 and the SDC 2300. The only thing it doesn't have is an old fashioned true all metal mode which I kind of miss. That does not mean that its gold modes are not deep and super hot. They are really deep and extremely sensitive on small gold (as good as the GM 1000). The gold modes on the Equinox 800 are hybrids or mixed modes with partial all metal mode features and partial discrimination features too which makes it a fantastic gold detector in multi frequency mode. I would definitely get the 6" coil for prospecting in areas with lots of trash or hot rocks however. It works great for aluminum trashed parks too. So, if you kind of like classic all metal mode you might want to keep your AT Gold for a backup.

Jeff
Great info. Thanks, yea I will probably keep the at gold around. I’d like to have at least one to bring if a friend wants to detect. Sounds like the 800 will do what I want though and also get me in the ocean. Monster was trying hard on the very edge but the extremely wet it was at 3 clicks and hard chattery. On dry it’s already scored me gold and silver so can’t complain. It’s been a blast on past two trips. I didn’t plan on another detector but the salt water is calling hah!
Yea the monster has really nailed some small lead and gold I missed checking my plus 10 minus 8 material and I’ve checked tailings of plus 8 minus 10.
So it’s looking like a equinox it will be. With rewards points 300 ish.

Went with the nox 800, amazon screwed up the delivery for days but loving it so far.
Not quite impressed with silver performance on a 1 oz .999 silver coin in any mode except field 1

Back
Top Bottom