Total SILVER Annihilation! Turf Gold, Beach Gold! 90 Wheatie Day! 51 Silver! An Amazing 10 Days of Hunts in So Cal!!

Raphis

Elite Member
Hello My Friends!!

I sure do wish this year would never end! :eat3:

I've been on Cloud 9 ever since finding my Morgan Dollar 13 days ago, and the "High" has remained through today! I don't know where to begin. I have been on a few turf hunts and a few more beach hunts in the past 10 days, and every one of those hunts produced either silver or silver and gold! My most memorable turf hunt this past week produced 90 wheats (my new one day record for wheaties), along with 9 silver (5 dimes, 1 washington, 2 war nickels, 1 sterling ring), along with my first coin from Finland, a 1920 10 Pennia. On that hunt, I met 2 new hunt buddies, who were both great guys and showed passion for the hobby. Thanks again, Robin and Dennis, for the invite. Much appreciated! :cheers: I had a few more turf hunts after that hunt that produced a decent amount of silver coins, silver jewelry, along with a rare, turf gold ring for me! I was hunting a school site, and decided I was going to dig all good, solid low conductive targets. That paid off with a 2.5 gram 14kt gold band at 2". Thank you Gold Gods!

My recent beach hunts have been off the charts! The old silver has been flowing steadily from 12-20". Lots of early Jefferson nickels, a few buffalo nickels, and my 4th SLQ this year too. I even found a token from Missouri good for 25 in Trade. One day last week, I found a 1963 10kt (4.2 gram) class ring at 17". The school logo is missing on the top. That gold ring was probably the deepest gold ring I've ever found. Yesterday, I had a 10 silver, 7 Wheat day at the beach. I found my 2nd Franklin Half this year (1963), a silver Washington (my 33rd this year), 4 Mercs, 3 Rosies, and a sterling ring, and a very deep tootsie toy car.

Counting yesterdays finds, my silver coin total FTY is at 354. I have already surpassed my expectations by a long shot this year. I'm still enjoying each and every hunt I go on, and that flash of silver still excites me, no matter how many I find. The passion is still high with me. I love this hobby! :extrahappy:

Thanks for viewing!
Keep The Passion High!
Good Luck to All! :goodluck:

Raphis
Dan

IMG_2238_sm.jpg

IMG_2240_sm.jpg

IMG_2242_sm.jpg

IMG_2243_sm.jpg

Now you're just showing off! WOW!!!!

Congrats on some amazing digging!

Nice finds Dan. Looks like the beach and turf are no match for you. All you need now is to find some plat and the cycle of precious metals is complete (unless you found a plat ring and I missed it this year).

Great job on the recoveries. Even though we do not typically detect together anymore, you have always kept the passion for the hobby high and I can really respect that.

As always, keep up the good work.

Greg

Dan, you've been killing it since you got that Morgan. Congrats on the piles of goodies. It's been fun seeing your finds after each hunt and now that little league is over hopefully we can do more detecting together. What is your silver ratio from the beach and turf so far this year?

Great job Dan! It was fun. It looks like you get em no matter the location. Thanks for the pointers and all the other information you provided us with. Awesome finds!

Great hunts Dan!How are you cleaning that beach sliver to look so good?

I think it's time for a road trip to the Left Coast:lol: Big congrats on the insane week of silver and gold digging! You keep this up and you'll dig 1,000 silvers by years end...

Wow!!

Huge congrats on the golds and the silver killing!!

Love those old class rings!!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom