Permission to search

KarlT

Good Morning Everyone. I am Karl Peacock in Rockmart Ga. Been detecting since 1969, but had more or less gotten out of it for the last 5 or 6 years. Had I known how much things have changed, I dont think I would have bought the new detector a few weeks ago. Years ago, when I started, permission in most areas was as simple as a phone call. NOW, it seems that you get turned down 10 times for every property owner that will give you permission. everyone is afraid of the liability if you get injured on their property. Its a shame that things have changed so much. Another problem is like the old town of Cave Spring Ga. They have banned metal detectors from ALL city property. I talked to one of the City Commissioners and he told me that detectorists were digging holes in the parks etc, and failing to fill them in. AGAIN, they were worried about the liability if someone got injured on city property by stepping in one of the holes.

Good Morning Everyone. I am Karl Peacock in Rockmart Ga. Been detecting since 1969, but had more or less gotten out of it for the last 5 or 6 years. Had I known how much things have changed, I dont think I would have bought the new detector a few weeks ago. Years ago, when I started, permission in most areas was as simple as a phone call. NOW, it seems that you get turned down 10 times for every property owner that will give you permission. everyone is afraid of the liability if you get injured on their property. Its a shame that things have changed so much. Another problem is like the old town of Cave Spring Ga. They have banned metal detectors from ALL city property. I talked to one of the City Commissioners and he told me that detectorists were digging holes in the parks etc, and failing to fill them in. AGAIN, they were worried about the liability if someone got injured on city property by stepping in one of the holes.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am new to the forum. Trying to learn my way around in it. Was burning to go detecting today, BUT 40 degrees here in the sunny south with 20 MPH winds. Just a lil chilly

When I ask a home owner for permission, and the subject of liability comes up, I say "Oh, I have a liability forum in the car that will release you from all liability if you would like to see it" --- Its just a simple forum

LIABILTY WAIVER

In consideration of permission granted to me to search for and recover buried items using a metal detector at the following

address,________________________________

and owned or legally occupied

by,___________________________________________,

I, ___________________________________, agree to release and discharge

any and all liability claims resulting in any personal injury or property damage incurred at this site, during the period this written permission is in effect.

SIGNED:___________________________

DATE:_______/_________/____________

Printed out, simple, no big legal terms to scare people away, easy to understand and it makes them happy.

Thanks Buried.

When I ask a home owner for permission, and the subject of liability comes up, I say "Oh, I have a liability forum in the car that will release you from all liability if you would like to see it" --- Its just a simple forum

LIABILTY WAIVER

In consideration of permission granted to me to search for and recover buried items using a metal detector at the following

address,________________________________

and owned or legally occupied

by,___________________________________________,

I, ___________________________________, agree to release and discharge

any and all liability claims resulting in any personal injury or property damage incurred at this site, during the period this written permission is in effect.

SIGNED:___________________________

DATE:_______/_________/____________

Printed out, simple, no big legal terms to scare people away, easy to understand and it makes them happy.

Thank you. I will copy and print a few of these. Thanks again, and good hunting............ Karl

Back
Top Bottom