Wireless Bluetooth Headphones for use with your Metal Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

metdetdevl

Forum Supporter
Hello all,

Just thought I would let you know that we just released a new pair of Wireless Bluetooth Technology Headphones for use with your metal detector. We have tested them on many detectors and they work great. Find out more by visiting the info page at Kellyco listed below.

Wireless Bluetooth Headphone Page at Kellyco Metal Detectors

btheadphones.jpg

Happy Hunting,
MetDetDevl

Do they not work with Tesoro or does KellyCo just not mention Tesoro because they do not sell Tesoro? :mad:

Because we do not sell Tesoro, we have not tested the headphones on them but the headphones have a 1/8" audio plug as well as come with a 1/4" stereo adapter and a 3' extension cable with velcro strips for better placement of the Bluetooth transmitter on your detector and will most likely work on any detector that have a 1/8" or 1/4" audio input. So to answer your question, we do not mention Tesoro as being compatible because we have not personally tested the headphones on them. Hope this helps...

Thanks. Been thinking about bluetooth and I have had good experiences so far with KellyCo. Just always wonder why they do not sell Tesoro...

Well, as I value my job at Kellyco, I will only say it has something to do with the meeting of the minds between Tesoro and Kellyco owners. I am actually trying to persuade the powers that be at Kellyco to offer the Tesoro line of detectors but my last attempt was unsuccessful. I will try again in the near future but I might be beating a dead horse that has been dead for a while and smells worse with every strike... Ya never know though I am responsible for bringing in the Bluetooth Headphones and a couple of other new items so if they do well other new products may follow.

1. Can you explain how the setup is - where the wiring and transmitter are, etc.

2. will they work on my Fisher 1266 ?

3. What kind of money are we talking about.

Thanks , Steve in so az

Will the 1st person on this forum that ever gets them please post a review?

I have ordered a pair,...!

I did order a pair from Kellyco the other day, waiting for their arrival. I will post as to my experience with them. I use the Whites XLT, XL-1 probe, W/Sunray Gold HP's now, (which btw, I absolutely love them all) I am hoping with these Wireless HP's, I figure I should have the "Cat's Meow" in my hands!! :lol: Now, all I need to do is find the elusive treasures below ground! :yes: :spin:

Lol

Its not rocket sicence! you dont need any special bluetooth gear from kellyco ANY BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES WILL WORK THAT COMES WITH A TRANSMITTER I have been using one for a while AND I only use 1 ear headset A earbud kind that way I can talk and here anything else that is going on around me. (in fact its the same one I use with my phone)

Zoom Ihifi Bluetooth Universal Transmitter For ALL Ipods And MP3 Players
Audio Accessories: Headsets - General Audio & Video Accessories: Transmitters / Receivers This iHiFi Transmitter plugs into the stereo headphone jack of any iPod, MP3 player, CD player, computer, radio, satellite receiver, or other audio device. It has a built-in battery, and is easily recharged from a computer USB port or iHiFi Receiver charger port.

do a search for bluethooth headphones with transmitter

Sorry for the delay on answering I have been away for a few days... So to answer all your questions see below.

Its not rocket sicence! you dont need any special bluetooth gear from kellyco ANY BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES WILL WORK THAT COMES WITH A TRANSMITTER I have been using one for a while AND I only use 1 ear headset A earbud kind that way I can talk and here anything else that is going on around me. (in fact its the same one I use with my phone)
Arizonakelly is correct however the headphones we sell have been tested on all metal detectors we sell and we have listed the detectors that they will work on at the kellyco website. The headphones also come with “closed cup” speakers (your ears are enclosed inside the padded speaker ear cups) to allow you to block out outside noise interference unlike the earbuds that ArizonaKelly uses.

Can you explain how the setup is - where the wiring and transmitter are, etc.
Click Here for Instructions

will they work on my Fisher 1266 ?
The will work with all Fisher detectors except the ID Edge and 1280X

What kind of money are we talking about.
We have them listed on Kellyco's website for $69.95 with the purchase of any metal detector or $89.95 by them self.

Hope this helps, Check them out...

btheadphones.jpg

Thanks to those who bought the Bluetooth Wireless Headphones. They are going quick. Since I posted notification of them being in stock we have sold over 50 sets to the treasure hunting community.

Check them out... Bluetooth Wireless Headphones

Thanks again...

Wireless Headphones and Transmitter

Hi, following your lead Arizonakelly, I just bought some wireless headphones and transmitter this evening on ebay for $24.99 (US). Sentry Wireless Headphones and Transmitter *BRAND NEW*, plus $9.99 shipping. I like the way it uses 2 AAA and 1 9V. batteries. I have plenty of rechargeable batteries that I take detecting with me. I will let you know how they work with my MD when it arrives and show a picture of it plugged into my MD. Sure hope it works. I like Kellyco but wanted to see if I could save some money. I wonder if another Metal Detectorist with wireless might accidentally hear my beeps that are being broadcast? Could prove interesting. ;)
Here is the description of them as listed on ebay:

Listen to a late show, crank up the tunes, or immerse yourself in a PC game without disturbing others around you! The Sentry Wireless Headphones deliver total listening freedom, plus great stereo sound. They receive signals from a compact transmitter located up to 100 feet away.

Listen to your favorite audio anywhere around the house, office or on the go, without messy, limited range cords. These Dynamic Wireless Headphones plug into any stereo, dvd, mp3, or personal audio player for listening enjoyment, virtually anywhere. Great for the computer or television. Headphones automatically lock into the transmitter's signal.

Includes an adjustable headband and all of the accessories you need to get high-quality sound without disrupting others.

Key Features & Benefits:

Excellent signal broadcast
Transmits up to 100 ft

LED power indicator
A convenient way to check the power status of your headphones

Listen to any audio device
Great for MP3 / CD / DVD / MD / TV / CAR / MAC / PC

Rotary volume control
Adjust the volume to your preferences

No need to buy extra components
All cables included

Can be used with Hi-Fi stereo
Adapter plug included
In the Box:

Headphones
Wireless transmitter
Hi-Fi Stereo adapter
Transmitter cradle (for use with optional AC adapter)
Stereo mini-plug adapter
RCA-To-Photo plug adapter
Requires 2 AAA and 1 9-volt battery NOT included

Attachments

• sentry-wireless-headphones.jpg
    sentry-wireless-headphones.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 10,701
Wireless headphones

Geesh, I thought I was getting a great deal but I paid too much again. $18.73 at Walmart. Please let us know how the setup is working with your MD.

I'd be in the market if it were not for the 1/8 connection; hate those things! And, I refuse to use the adapter to 1/4 inch as the headphone jack's on the rear of the Explorer SE and is in the most inconvenient spot Minelab could place it. One must wonder if the manufacturers use or test their products in the field.

GRB

How does the delay of the bluetooth signal affect detecting? Is it noticible?

I have read that guitar players find the wireless phones unuseable. Also some delay between the audio & video while watching movies.

I have heard that the delay is about 1 - 1.5 seconds.
I would think that the coil would be a ways away from the target by the time you heard the signal in the phones.

Well, looks like someone started marketing my suggestion finally. Not to steal your sales, but I think this is a rather hefty price when you can get basically the same setup for $30 elsewhere AND without a detector purchase.

Wireless headset

Same setup at MalWart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5184024

Online only it says, but I'm going to check the local store tonight.

I picked up the headset from MalWart today, about two weeks after ordering on-line. It takes two AAA batteries in the headphone, and 1 9 volt in the transmitter. Connected it to the GoldBug 2 and took it out to the backyard for a practice run. The cord plugs into the headset jack with the adapter, transmitter sitting on top of the box. Looks a bit bulky but the weight wasn't much more than without it.

There was no lag time in the signal, was able to find objects right where they sounded off under the coil. Don't know if that will be the case as the batteries wear out.

It was nice to be able to set the detector off to the side while digging, though there was a squelch tone if it got too far from the headset. I didn't extend the antenna on the transmitter, it would be a nuisance sticking out to the side of the box, and isn't needed anyway when holding the detector and working an area.

Biggest hassle is the volume dial on the headset, it's very small, and located at the bottom of the right earpiece, very hard to turn while wearing gloves. I turn the volume up to max on the GB2 and adjust volume at the headset which will take some practice to do with this headset.

I'm new to MD and maybe there is a technique to digging and keeping the cord to the headset out of the way, but I really liked being able to set the detector way off to the side and out of the way. I think I'll be using the wireless setup from now on.

Hi, following your lead Arizonakelly, I just bought some wireless headphones and transmitter this evening on ebay for $24.99 (US). Sentry Wireless Headphones and Transmitter *BRAND NEW*, plus $9.99 shipping. I like the way it uses 2 AAA and 1 9V. batteries. I have plenty of rechargeable batteries that I take detecting with me. I will let you know how they work with my MD when it arrives and show a picture of it plugged into my MD. Sure hope it works. I like Kellyco but wanted to see if I could save some money. I wonder if another Metal Detectorist with wireless might accidentally hear my beeps that are being broadcast? Could prove interesting. ;)
Here is the description of them as listed on ebay:

Listen to a late show, crank up the tunes, or immerse yourself in a PC game without disturbing others around you! The Sentry Wireless Headphones deliver total listening freedom, plus great stereo sound. They receive signals from a compact transmitter located up to 100 feet away.

Listen to your favorite audio anywhere around the house, office or on the go, without messy, limited range cords. These Dynamic Wireless Headphones plug into any stereo, dvd, mp3, or personal audio player for listening enjoyment, virtually anywhere. Great for the computer or television. Headphones automatically lock into the transmitter's signal.

Includes an adjustable headband and all of the accessories you need to get high-quality sound without disrupting others.

Key Features & Benefits:

Excellent signal broadcast
Transmits up to 100 ft

LED power indicator
A convenient way to check the power status of your headphones

Listen to any audio device
Great for MP3 / CD / DVD / MD / TV / CAR / MAC / PC

Rotary volume control
Adjust the volume to your preferences

No need to buy extra components
All cables included

Can be used with Hi-Fi stereo
Adapter plug included
In the Box:

Headphones
Wireless transmitter
Hi-Fi Stereo adapter
Transmitter cradle (for use with optional AC adapter)
Stereo mini-plug adapter
RCA-To-Photo plug adapter
Requires 2 AAA and 1 9-volt battery NOT included

i have the same setup for the puter and mp player
just went and tried with my md worked great
thanks never tied to the md again, so cool
whish i had thought of it

I visited the link provided above for Kellyco Bluetooth headsets and it said (in bold print):

••• BlueTooth Headphones are not available at this time •••

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom