Haul for a 3 day trip to the beach. 10k and clad

volksbeetle28

Made the 3 and 1/2 hr drive to the ocean for a small getaway. Hunted the beach for three days this past Sun., Mon., and Tues. for about a total of 17 hours. Swinging my equinox 600 with the 15 inch coil I just picked up from Myers Metal Detectors. Went several blocks without a target so it got pretty heavy at times without a break to dig something up. I was definitely digging up some deep clad. Had to give up on a few targets because the hole kept filling in with sand and the scoop I have isn’t that big to get down there. But I always enjoy hunting the beach. Ended up with a big pile of clad. About 25 bucks worth. Anyone have any ideas on the age of the Chinese coin? Also found a couple junk rings, one was claimed by my mom, and some other junk jewelry. Also got a galaxy s9 cell phone down in the wet sand. The big find was the angel. It’s marked 10k NPS. Not sure what the second part means but that thing sure is pretty. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
6cec3679b359758535925752696d39ff.jpg
06641f68f6c4cb64389f29d3f23dc892.jpg
817ad748e1dba1e17f4ecc0b4f2a499a.jpg
85bac57fd7baef890c552d0f86c316b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to see the other side of the Chinese coin to date it. All I can tell you right now is that it's no later than 1911.

:dingding: That little angel is very beautiful and that was a nice clad haul!

Man that's a lot of targets! Congrats on the gold! Nice to give mom one too!

It looks like you enjoyed your 3 days of hunting.

Nice 10k and clad haul! Sounds like a fun time!
Heck yes! I love the beach!

I need to see the other side of the Chinese coin to date it. All I can tell you right now is that it's no later than 1911.
Thank for your help. I’ll get a shot of the other side when I get home today.

I'd say that is a good 3 day hunt!
Thanks,I had fun.

:dingding: That little angel is very beautiful and that was a nice clad haul!
Thank you. Took me awhile to find the markings on it. Now I think I need a test kit.

Man that's a lot of targets! Congrats on the gold! Nice to give mom one too!
Thanks. My arm felt like jello after the first day.😂

Congrats on the 10K!
Thank you!

That diamond pendant was pretty easy to find in Google. I typed in 10K NPS Gold Angel, and BAM!

10K GOLD DIAMOND BABY ANGEL PENDANT FOR MEN 1.3CT BY LUXURMAN

https://www.itshot.com/10k-gold-dia...I2H8OoFzkmCYkQVAYwsGcjY7pxSYmX6dMuxoC2jXw_wcB

1.3 carats of diamonds in that baby. Nice ice!!

Skippy

EDIT: Copied from the site: This luxurious solid 10K Gold Diamond Baby Angel Pendant for Men by Luxurman weights approximately 7 grams and showcases 1 1/3 carat of dazzling round cut white diamonds masterfully pave set in highly polished gold frame. Featuring a detailed angel design this diamond angel pendant is available in 10K yellow, white a rose gold. The bail in this diamond angel pendant is about 5mm by 5mm, if you would like to fit a larger chain please make a note during checkout about your chain size and we will adjust the bail bot fit your chain.

Congrats on the 10k & clad, excellent haul! :cool3:
Thank you!

That diamond pendant was pretty easy to find in Google. I typed in 10K NPS Gold Angel, and BAM!

10K GOLD DIAMOND BABY ANGEL PENDANT FOR MEN 1.3CT BY LUXURMAN

https://www.itshot.com/10k-gold-dia...I2H8OoFzkmCYkQVAYwsGcjY7pxSYmX6dMuxoC2jXw_wcB

1.3 carats of diamonds in that baby. Nice ice!!

Skippy

EDIT: Copied from the site: This luxurious solid 10K Gold Diamond Baby Angel Pendant for Men by Luxurman weights approximately 7 grams and showcases 1 1/3 carat of dazzling round cut white diamonds masterfully pave set in highly polished gold frame. Featuring a detailed angel design this diamond angel pendant is available in 10K yellow, white a rose gold. The bail in this diamond angel pendant is about 5mm by 5mm, if you would like to fit a larger chain please make a note during checkout about your chain size and we will adjust the bail bot fit your chain.
wow that’s awesome! Thanks! When I searched google I stopped at 10k nps. That’s definitely the best thing I’ve ever found hands down value wise.

Wow that is a very nice pendant looks like you made out like a bandit for only 17 hours. Did you see anyone else out hunting?
Thanks! I did see one other hunter. I’m really surprised I didn’t see more.
Congrats on the gold!
Thank you!

Here is the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two possibilities, but either way, it's a Qianlong Emperor design. One possibility is that it was minted between 1735 and 1796 during his reign. During that time, the Xinjiang region was conquered and brought into the Qian Empire. After that, one in five coins produced in the mint in the Xinjiang region continued to have that design instead of the current Emperor. So, possibility two is that it's essentially a commemorative coin produced as late as 1911.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qianlong_Tongbao

Two possibilities, but either way, it's a Qianlong Emperor design. One possibility is that it was minted between 1735 and 1796 during his reign. During that time, the Xinjiang region was conquered and brought into the Qian Empire. After that, one in five coins produced in the mint in the Xinjiang region continued to have that design instead of the current Emperor. So, possibility two is that it's essentially a commemorative coin produced as late as 1911.

Man, that's awesome... I'd take that coin over a gold ring any day of the week.

Thank you!

Wow! Thank you for the quick history lesson and the link. I’ll have to put that in a flip. I wonder how it ended up in the water...

That is a sweet angel! Hope you don't melt that one! I found a diamond encrusted Jesus. It was difficult to sell but I finally did and didn't have to melt him. congrats!

Back
Top Bottom