I Welcome The New Equinox

John you have hit the nail on the head.

I have often wondered how people can hop from one detector to another one every time a new unit is released. I been detecting since the 1980's and have seen it time and time again. It is worst now because of the internet and everybody spreading the hype around, people get a little worked up over the new releases.

I currently have two detectors. A newer model unit an one that is a 22 year old CZ6a and still works great. I get the best detector that I can afford at the time. I could see myself using a 800 because it can operate similar to the Fisher units that I am familiar with and it is some what water resistance with multi freq.

Ray

Last edited:

Attachments

• earthquake (2).jpg
    earthquake (2).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 118
Another contributing factor to the “this is better than that” conversations is the fact that there are ALOT of detectorists who CANT hunt right now,at least not the way they normally do for the things they normally hunt for. I’ve never been so bored with forums as I have gotten recently,no matter the subject. I just wanna go HUNT! There are only so many times you clean the house or watch that re-run or whatever else there is to do with frozen ground.
I will agree that IF you choose a proper site and IF you employ proper coil control and IF you know your machine...you are LIKELY to do well with many machines. It’s all of the tough,junk-laden “seemingly target free” sites that will be the test for any new machine,regardless of brand.
The next few months will be interesting for sure....

I haven't visited the forums in like 6 months and I didn't know anything about this new detector. What's the deal with this?

I like the way you guys keep using the word HYPE ! You guys are used to these companies repacking older model detectors and calling them new releases. The Nox will hunt and it will hunt iron very well too. Its funny because I hunt behind all these old tech machines.. Sites that were hunted 20 years ago and left for dead. I have filled my relic cases doing so with the newer faster lighter machine (deus). I used the NOX in such a site today.... dug a lot of targets missed by others and the spot has been hammered. To automatically assume EVERY new release is hype is a bad error.... . BTW the NOX obsoleted the AT series if nothing else....:lol:

I welcome Nox once already.
Will have to welcome again when I get my second 800 model.

Can't have too many Noxes.

Ashamed this site don't allow double Avatars.
I could put a Nox in each one.

Back
Top Bottom