What do you take with you when out detecting?

simonthesearcher

Forum Supporter
I take a screwdriver,a Ada spade to cut a plug if im on turf,GPS,cell phone,finds pouch,bottle of water,,oh,,my detector and fags,bad habit i know but i dont drink so i gotta do something rebellious.

I generally take a fannie type pack to hold water, bug spray, headlamp, cell phone, camera, and a bag for junk.  On the belt I carry my lesche and my pinpointer.

Attachments

• gear.JPG
    gear.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,332
For those curious Americans, fags = cigarettes ;)

I take a bottle of water, snack (if I'm out for a more than a couple of hours), Lesche digger, pinpointer, towel, shovel (if I'm field hunting), different coils depending on the site, extra battery pack, headphones, etc...normal stuff.

I know the difference and I don't do either :lol: Like you, I don't drink. My bad habit is video games. :shock:

I wear a 4-pocket apron with extra batteries in one of the pockets, and carry a lesche digger, Treasure Mate pinpointer, kneeling pad, drop cloth, and cell phone. That's it!

- Harley-Dog

I use a carpenters pouch, it holds all the stuff I need during the day. One side for junk the other for treasure. my tools hang where I an get them and I have h20 available. Boy do I go through the water.

Man, you guys take more than me. I have my Lesche on my hip holster, my Fisher machine and that's it. I put the finds in my levi pocket, junk in the back pocket and empty them once in a while. I do have a small pouch on my belt for special finds. steve in so az

I carry a fannypack. A bootknife for probing and a big knife for cutting plugs. I carry extra batteries. In fields i carry a shovel. Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper. Cell phone.

Looks like I'll have to post some photos of my "modular" gear setup. It can be changed with the type of hunting. I will do it when I get a little time.

screwdriver, knife, pinpointer, sand scoop, carpenter apron, cell phone and machine.

I carry a backpack in the vehicle with a couple energy bars, headlamp, trowel, spare batteries, notepad and pencil, disposable camera, first aid kit, bug spray, ziplock bags, gloves and sweatshirt.

I take my belt or a fanny pack depending or where I go. I always have my trowel, frisby for dirt, digital camera, note pad and pen, antiseptic wipes, hand sanitizer, small shovel or rock hammer, bananas, and a big k-bar knife for Mr. No shoulders plus plenty of water. I freeze the water in plastic hiking bottles one half full, one 2/3 full, and one 3/4 full. I can drink them in order as they melt. Plus I always have something cold on hand in case of swelling. The fanny pack I wear all the time for the junk. My belt has a military pouch for my finds with a separate pocket for the really good ones.

If you freeze the water in the bottles be sure to lay them at an angle. You get more frozen surface that way. And you can use them in those personal coolers to keep your sandwich and chocolate bars cool.

I usually hunt alone, and like it that way....no cell phone.

I take a pouch, 2 digging tools (small and large), bayonet, metal detector.
Water if it's hot.

That's about it.

DM

Bringing back an oldie buy goldie...

Hmm... since I'm relatively new, my take-alongs are:

- Cell Phone
- Digger
- Screwdriver

That's it... sad I know.

Man my eyes are getting bad. Had to do a double take of Rusty's first pic. At first glance I thought it was a bra under his pouch.:lol:

Items I carry while swinging...
DFX
Web belt
Lesche
Vibra pinpointer
Large knife for the unexpected
Cell
Dip
Lucky token

Pack a cooler in the car with 4 liters of H2O, snacks. Large plastic tub with extra coil and batteries, extra gloves, sand scoop, bug spray, sunblock, extra digger, small shovel and an extra beverage from time to time.:D

I'm surprised no one has mentioned knee pads... I guess I am just a wuss.

My list is:
Detector
Head Phones
Leather pouch
Spade
Pin Pointer
Knee Pads
Gloves
Bug Spray
Water
Extra Batteries
I have a small military nap sack that I put it all in