New Lesche

halfdead

Well I got my Lesche yesterday. :D

I took it out for a short hunt at the same site I was using a regular ACE hardware spade.

The difference is NIGHT AND DAY!! :shock:

The Lesche isnt a shovel its a weapon. Its feels great in the hand, the sheath is nice. It cuts through tough ground and roots with no problem.

If your on the fence about spending $40 on a digger....get off the fence, run to the nearest dealer and buy one! You wont be dissapointed.

halfdead

:lol:

I went to Lowe's and got the True Temper 7-in-1 Garden buddy...I think it is better than a Lesche ;) I could not find it on Lowe's site, but here is a link to it on Ace's site. I paid #13 for mine!

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-ames-true-temper-7-in-1-planter-buddy-ames-true--pi-2874516.html

Not even remotely close to a Lesche. Until you have used a Lesche you really do not understand what an advantage they are. I fooled around with a lot of diggers initially including the 7-in-1 (bought from target for $7.95 under a different name.) There is really no comparison. The only diggers that I think might compete are some of the homemade ones I have seen on the forum. Just my biased opinion. :yes:

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Not even remotely close to a Lesche. Until you have used a Lesche you really do not understand what an advantage they are. I fooled around with a lot of diggers initially including the 7-in-1 (bought from target for $7.95 under a different name.) There is really no comparison. The only diggers that I think might compete are some of the homemade ones I have seen on the forum. Just my biased opinion. :yes:

Keep Swing'in
Jack

I have used the 7-in-1 almost as long as I have been MD'ing (3 months :lol:) and have been happy with it, but I have been hunting with Frog lately and he uses the Lesche. After seeing how easily the Lesche works in hard soil/gravel/heavy sod.........I ordered one today from one of our sponsers.

I was using a Sabre Tooth for a long while and thought it was great, sharp rounded blade with serrates on both sides, works well for cutting plugs. However when I bought a Lesche, I tossed the Tooth aside and haven't touched it since... the Lesche is amazing...

I was using a Sabre Tooth for a long while and thought it was great, sharp rounded blade with serrates on both sides, works well for cutting plugs. However when I bought a Lesche, I tossed the Tooth aside and haven't touched it since... the Lesche is amazing...

I have to agree with this statement... the Lesche is amazing...:tumble:

Having both the Lesche and the True Temper, I must say the Lesche is much better. But if cost is a factor, The True temper is not a bad substitute. It takes a lot to destroy either one. You certainly can dig a deeper plug quicker with the Lesche. I carry both of them when I go hunting (just in case).:yes:

Thinking abt putting these into production, would anyone be interested? 7x2 in blade (304 stainless cupped) 4 in handle, rounded end for comfort, weights 19oz, I know, a little heavy for some but I like the feel, thoughts opinions?

Attachments

• big dig.jpg
    big dig.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 934
28 bucks postal M.O. or 30 by paypal. Can build to suit, with or without teeth or just one side, I put a hole in the center or the blade for hanging like a saw has, can leave out if not wanted.

Buying a Lesche will save you money as you won't have to buy another digger, unless you lose it. I have been using mine about 5 years now and have abused it many times and it's taken all I can dish out. I bought my grandson one of those TrueTemper things and tried it. It's tough but no where near the Lesche in my opinion.

Thinking abt putting these into production, would anyone be interested? 7x2 in blade (304 stainless cupped) 4 in handle, rounded end for comfort, weights 19oz, I know, a little heavy for some but I like the feel, thoughts opinions?
I'd see about making the "hand guard" wider if I were prototyping one.

Like this?, guard is 3 inches wide takes a little longer to make, and I had to use a vinyl cover over the handle instead of the bike grip, appreciate all of your input, I had no support on another forum, even anger it seemed like.

Attachments

• handguard.jpg
    handguard.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 870
  • handguard2.jpg
    handguard2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 876
I use a Japanese SS Hori Hori. Very sharp, digs, prys and cuts roots with ease and has graduations for depth. Have used it hard for some time and never had any problems. The only change I would make is to add a guard. I added about a half inch of electrical tape where a guard would be and its fine. Has anyone ever known of one of these breaking?

Back
Top Bottom