Fiskars Digger

They have them at Home Depot, they have pouches for them too (the pouches at the Home Depot I went to were about six feet away from the digger, if you weren't looking for them, you wouldn't know they were there.

They have them at Home Depot, they have pouches for them too (the pouches at the Home Depot I went to were about six feet away from the digger, if you weren't looking for them, you wouldn't know they were there.

I need a sheath for mine - are the pouches similar?

I picked up the Fiskars this morning at Walmart. The only one they carried was the digger without the serrated edge. It was $3.96.

I need a sheath for mine - are the pouches similar?

Maybe what I saw was a sheath? I was just scoping out their merchandise, looking for anything good, and I noticed the (I'll change the term to) carrying case. It was I believe a cloth clip-on type case(I don't see them on their web page).

I got mine at Wally for $1.50 they had them in the wrong slot. I finally beat Wally :lol:

for what its worth

Next time anyone drives by a garage sale. Look through the garden tools. I have 5 seperate digging tools, each one if solid metal. Totla cost = $3.00. These are not cheap tools. I am modifying a couple for various locations by sharpening, adding notches for weeeds - roots etc.

for what its worth, never hurts to have backups.

Paul

In a video I saw a guy using what looked like a dagger. He cut a plug, and the dagger sliced through the ground like butter. I know it wasn't a Fiskars. Does anyone use a tool like this?

thanks for the help guys, found it at Target for 10 bucks, how does the lifetime warranty work? if and when it brakes how do I get a new one?

Dagger Digger

Kerry,I just picked up a treasure wise 3 in one digger ;O molded plastic handle, stout stiff blade with one saw edge, kinda pricey.
3inone.jpg

The Treasure Wise 3 looks to be an updated version or the Japanese Hori-Hori knife. The Hori-Hori is an excellent digging tool proven by use for hundreds of years in Japan.

Broken Handle

I have had 2 of the Fiskars and took both back for the handle seperating from the blade. On both the glue didn't hold. I really liked the way the blade was made. Would have liked for it to work out.
I got the Ames from Lowes. I haven't had a problem yet.

Not sure Fiskars would like me telling you this but my friend and I bought one at the same time his broke on a Thursday and mine on Saturday. Called Fiskars 800 number and one week later a brand new one arrived no charge!
So if you have one and the handle breaks out of it call and they will replace it for free!

I was Taught to Use the Proper Tool, for the Task. Most Tools can Be Bought for Under Ten Dollars. You don't have to give Up an Arm or a Leg, to Buy One.

Support Your Local Detectorist Dealer.
He Can't Stock Good Affordable Tools, if No Body Buys Them.

Think About those Before Us...
Wow, the Changes in this old Hobby/Profession Lately.

I was Taught to Use the Proper Tool, for the Task. Most Tools can Be Bought for Under Ten Dollars. You don't have to give Up an Arm or a Leg, to Buy One.

Support Your Local Detectorist Dealer.
He Can't Stock Good Affordable Tools, if No Body Buys Them.

Think About those Before Us...
Wow, the Changes in this old Hobby/Profession Lately.

Not sure about your post. The Fiskars is made for digging and cutting roots etc. As for supporting my local dealer the one guy within 60 miles of here that sells detectors doesn't carry any tools. And I had to save really hard to buy my detector and all the other stuff I needed to get started in this hobby. A lot of posters say that it doesn't cost much to get into detecting. It costs A LOT if you want to do it right and you are starting from scratch for someone on a limited budget or who has a wife that won't let go of any $$$ (like mine) I had to work an extra job to buy my detector, digging tool, pinpointer, headphones, etc. I am not complaining because I love the hobby but I am using a detector I had to "settle" for that does a good job rather than running out and buying an XLT, DFX, Explorer, etc. I was just trying to help anyone out on the forum that may have had this tool and had it break on them. Fiskars replaced mine and my friends with no questions asked. Not very common for companies these days. But I do have the Ames from Lowes now and I like it much better and next week is my birthday and I know my wife bought me a Leche digging tool! I guess the three rings I found in the first month of my detector may have convinced her this isn't such a bad hobby after all.

Sorry Mastereagle22...

Let Me Try Using some Different Words in a Different Way for You.
Check the Yellow Pages, No Dealers? Try Shopping On-Line.

I Didn't want to Strike a Nerve and Set You Off... But, Reading the Posts. The Tool wasn't Working Properly or as Designed, In Example, it's Breaking.

As for Not Complaining about your Dealer, Finances and Wife...
I Hope You Find a Bunch More rings.
Soon...

PS, I Didn't See Any of those Posters Yet. Ace Hardware and Wal-mart Sells Detectors without Tools. But, I don't consider them Dealers.

I was at Walmart yesterday getting a new garden hose and I saw the Fiskar digger. As my digging tool, a simple $3.00 garden narrow trowel was wearing out, ( I literally have worn away about an inch and half of the blade) I picked a Fiskars Big Grip Garden Knife up for $9.96, it has a lifetime warranty and looks like it will do quite well. The blade is 7 inches long. It seems quite sturdy. We shall see.:yes:

Attachments

• fiskars.jpg
    fiskars.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 821
Back
Top Bottom