• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Inline probe with ace 250

Gramps

Anybody used an inline probe with ace 250 or any other kind of detector? Do they replace hand held pinpointers or do you need both?

I tried detecting when it was 7 below zero, the detector worked fine plenty of targets but ran out of C4 so had to put it up for the winter. :)

Where I work there is a big parking lot with big snow piles that are melting down a little, found some change around them and some other stuff. Something fun to do until spring.

The site is looking great! Hope you're all having a nice winter, Gramps

Hi Gramps! Glad to see you got in.

Detecting parking lots after the snow melts is a great idea. I've always got my eyes open.

If you are talking about batteries, yeah the cold weather drains them fast.

Hi Gramps... Welcome back :)

If it was me... I couldn't justify buying an inline probe that costs almost as much as the detector... I would stick with a handheld... That is me...

Generally speaking the inline probes are the better probes.They use your detectors power to run them by flipping a switch. The YF-1 for the Aces are on special for 159.95. A good handheld can cost you up to that amount and won't perform as well plus you always run the risk of losing it.

I have the X-1 on my Explorer which I have only owned for about 1 month and I have found the probe to be a great tool. I like the fact that it responds exactly as a 1 inch coil with the same settings I'm using with my search coil. Helps seperate the target in the hole from iron and such.

well i bought the inline probe for my ace and gtp1350 from tony at tcmetaldetectors and i must say WOW!! big difference. its very nice to be able to get a coil into the hole you dig to check a deep target. thanks tony.
just waiting for my new grey ghost ultimate headphones to arrive. get the probe and dont look back.

Back
Top Bottom