Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

mmmmmmm

He can celebrate by putting the machine in our hand's in May, otherwise another season goes by , starting this adventure in 2015 was it, 4 years is enough , 5 season's later :roll: i suspect by fall ML will have a PI machine to beat the AQ with disc , so tell the Fisher boy's to keep dragging there feet, Plenty time with bulging pocket's here , against my word , could be ML that get's the cash :jawdrop::impatient::realitycheck::gettinmoney: PS I can see it happening , a reckoning :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: YA never know, i see a new PI with Disc in the hand's of a ML guy jumping out of a plane before the end of summer :holycow::lookclose::secret::juggle::hide: PS This is the 300th reply , the hype's over for me , it now goes on the BACK BURNER HERE :realitycheck::takeoff:

Last edited:
It has been a First Texas project for exactly 2 years. Alexandre celebrated his 2nd anniversary as a FT employee recently. I don’t know where you think you saw it 5 years ago, but unless you saw it on geotech or in your dreams. In any case - from concept/prototype to production in less than 3 years is damned fast.

Minelab has had this basic multichannel PI technology for 10 years at least - where is their beach machine??? If it comes, it will be judged on its results, just like the AQ will be when it appears. Meanwhile the developer of the AQ is posting results with latest prototypes - where’s the Minelab engineer’s posts??

P.S. what machine Can you name that can beat the numbers Alexandre posted - production, prototype, I don’t care - just name one.

And in order to avoid going down the ugly road of doubt - questioning whether his numbers are credible or not. It’s not necessary to even discuss that, - whether you believe them or not, what machine do you know of which can beat the numbers posted?

Last edited:
All Hype

Were are the You Tube Video's to back up the post's , otherwise fiction, market ploy, Not going to believe anything till i see it myself, i will have to look around for the 1st breath about the 1st called Manta , 4 years ya might as well say 5 if it comes in the 3rd quarter , after the season :roll: , otherwise over 300 replies of hot air. :violin::twister::popcorn2: ps Dont bother posting those same introduction videos, post some live beach hunt videos, 20 prototypes out thier , were are they :?:

How about I post this instead?

Where’s your mythical alternative? What machine, real or in your imagination can hit a Nickel at 17” in wet salt while excluding iron?

17” on a nickel. A credible source confirms what I observed.

You wrote “otherwise fiction”...

I suppose you are calling both Alexandre Tartar and me a liars?

That’s what you are saying - is that really what you mean?

It’s YouTube, not “TruthTube”. Lots of ways to fake stuff.

I assert that my 17” on a nickel at Coronado with the AQ are what I observed. Alexandre has posted similar results.

Be skeptical as you want, but if you imply I am lying, then have the guts to say so.

I await your response. And, like I have said before, my real name is here - its a real me you either to call a liar or explain that you are merely reasonably skeptical - whoever you are.

In the event your are being reasonably sceptical, please take care to moderate your language, it sounded like an accusation of fraud to me.

If you are merely tired of the discussion, feel free to leave the thread to others who aren’t tired of it.

With diminishing respect

P.S. - are we having fun yet? Your use of emoticons suggests you are treating this a a light hearted matter - if so, please say so.

Last edited:
Let you

Know next week, i will re- soder the wire on my Surf Pi Df , you think there are 0 machines that will hit a nickel at 17, might add , still havn't seen the video of the prototype hitting the nickel at 17, hot air till i see it, oh i guess no video :?::laughing::hornetsnest: you must be getting those Colorado dubies :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::newidea: Waiting video proof :timer::realitycheck:

Based on your response, I assume that you are merely reasonably skeptical. In that case I will cancel the order I placed on eBay for the matched pair of 18th century dueling pistols. Thanks, they were 780 Euros - French, I think! Lol

All good fun I hope, but please take care to distinguish between reasonable skepticism and assertions of fraud. I’m funny like that - made my living for 35 years by my word being worth actual money - truth and trust have an actual value.

Look forward to the outcome if this ongoing drama.

With renewed respect

Last edited:

Where’s your mythical alternative? What machine, real or in your imagination can hit a Nickel at 17” in wet salt while excluding iron?

I assert that my 17” on a nickel at Coronado with the AQ are what I observed. Alexandre has posted similar results.

Be skeptical as you want, but if you imply I am lying, then have the guts to say so.

I await your response. And, like I have said before, my real name is here - its a real me you either to call a liar or explain that you are merely reasonably skeptical - whoever you are.

In the event your are being reasonably sceptical, please take care to moderate your language, it sounded like an accusation of fraud to me.

If you are merely tired of the discussion, feel free to leave the thread to others who aren’t tired of it.

With diminishing respect

P.S. - are we having fun yet? Your use of emoticons suggests you are treating this a a light hearted matter - if so, please say so.

TN

Just because this guy is hitting 17 inches on his beach does not mean each beach will react the same or get same depths.. 7uS would not function properly up here.. 10us is about all one could expect.

For the record, I was the first to report 17” on a nickel with an AQ, at Coronado in San Diego in heavy striped black sand last year end. Alexandre has now reported it again.

You may well be right about the 7 microseconds delay not working where you are, but I do wonder what basis you have for that idea. There has never been a production PI with that kind of minimum pulse delay. Also, the depth on a nickel is likely the same at any pulse delay setting. I tried it a short and longer delays without much change.

If, for example you have used a TDI at 10 microseconds and had a problem, you might consider whether the problem was the environment and the pulse delay or the circuit design of the TDI which was the limiting factor.

It is a fact that short pulse delays and mineralized ground don’t mix nice - you are right about that, but machines differ greatly in their performance.

We must wait and see.

P.S. Off to Norway next week for two months, it’s my wife’s home and we need to spend some quality time there - rented a little place on the Oslo Fjord through Air BnB. If you think I have some sort of inside track on the AQ, consider that the beach machine I am taking is my ancient sovereign Xas. Couldn’t beg, borrow or steal an AQ - life is so cruel. Lol

I don’t think any machine can Rick....maybe that’s why it’s difficult to perceive. That nickel....at 17” was that 7uS and in disc mode? I remember you said you couldn’t get but about 10” with the Nox. This machine with that kind of depth would be a game changer for sure for beach hunting. But it’s got to prove it’s self in disc

My observed 17” may have been in AM or in multitone, I don’t recall. Alexandre’s stated 17” is in each of the 3 modes - all metal and both of the ID modes.

For the record, I was the first to report 17” on a nickel with an AQ, at Coronado in San Diego in heavy striped black sand last year end. Alexandre has now reported it again.

You may well be right about the 7 microseconds delay not working where you are, but I do wonder what basis you have for that idea. There has never been a production PI with that kind of minimum pulse delay. Also, the depth on a nickel is likely the same at any pulse delay setting. I tried it a short and longer delays without much change.

If, for example you have used a TDI at 10 microseconds and had a problem, you might consider whether the problem was the environment and the pulse delay or the circuit design of the TDI which was the limiting factor.

It is a fact that short pulse delays and mineralized ground don’t mix nice - you are right about that, but machines differ greatly in their performance.

We must wait and see.

P.S. Off to Norway next week for two months, it’s my wife’s home and we need to spend some quality time there - rented a little place on the Oslo Fjord through Air BnB. If you think I have some sort of inside track on the AQ, consider that the beach machine I am taking is my ancient sovereign Xas. Couldn’t beg, borrow or steal an AQ - life is so cruel. Lol

Rick... What is your issue with Whites TDI's why is it you need to compare to the TDI?

Its a mineral issue at our beaches.

With my stock DF I was hearing nickels at 15 inches... I took it to Mr.Bill who is a friend of mine when I visited Cape Cod.. he was going to tweak it for me... He sent me to his test garden and told me where each coin was and the depth that he buried them at... it heard the nickel.. it was repeatable..

Do you know how far and how much work it is to recover a target that deep in chest deep water?

I have used 4 different pulse machines over the years and was a good with them... I know that 10uS is pushing the limits up here...

One more thing... I see all this gold this Jag is posting... where is the small stuff? Any pulse would have found those larger pieces... I'm not impressed so far and nothing you could post would change my mind. You are not even a beach hunter nor is some other poster here... I take you guys with a grain of salt..

I'm a beach hunter and I tell it like I see it.. just ask OBN :lol:

With diminishing respect

my TDI PRO can hit a nickel at 17 plus inches deep i have also found gold rings very deep with it

Were are the You Tube Video's to back up the post's , otherwise fiction, market ploy, Not going to believe anything till i see it myself, i will have to look around for the 1st breath about the 1st called Manta , 4 years ya might as well say 5 if it comes in the 3rd quarter , after the season :roll: , otherwise over 300 replies of hot air. :violin::twister::popcorn2: ps Dont bother posting those same introduction videos, post some live beach hunt videos, 20 prototypes out thier , were are they :?:

Im starting to think you have some concerns about the release of this detector. LOL. Based on the 70 comments you've made in this thread (I counted). Patience. Time will answer all questions.

When I have mentioned a TDI it is because I have owned two of them, the last one is happily finding lots of relics in California with Paul P. I have lots of time in the field with the TDI and understand its operation well.

As far as beach hunting, all of mine was during the 2 years I lived in Yorktown VA. I used my original TDI as well as a Whites DF.

The post above says that their TDI hits 17” nickels at the beach, my last one would hit them at that distance in air tests - with GB off.

Alexandre is now asserting that the current rev of the AQ is hitting 17” nickels in wet beach sand not only in all metal but in each of the iron ID modes.

When it reaches the market everyone will have plenty of opportunity to either try it themselves or consider the reports of those who have used it.

At that point, your quote above will be come operative...”I’m a beachhunter and I tell it like I see it....”. You will be able to see it - then you can tell it.

Till then, no one can say if the AQ will run happily at 7microseconds delay on your mineralized beaches. It should be noted however that the testing in France for years has been on very mineralized beaches full of black sand and a type of soil known as Alios here’s a description of the stuff from a Canadian geological handbook - bilingual French/English

iron pan - alios
A thin indurated soil horizon in which iron is a major constituent of the cementing material. Several kinds of cementing materials occur:
I iron - organic matter complexes;
II hydrous oxides of manganese and iron; and
III hydrous iron oxides.

You can clearly see the stuff in the pictures LE.JAG has posted, here’s one

2588l1i.jpg

When you have seen it, you will judge - one way or another - till then, your skepticism is understood.

What I have posted on various forums I have posted in order to inform folks about a development which had been going on for years in France and which had no visibility on these forums. When I learned, nearly 2 years ago that Fisher had acquired the Manta project, I was VERY interested. I had been learning about the AquaManta project for several years previously based on stuff on Geotec and YouTube, I was very eager to get the word out.

Right now there are just a very few immersible PI beach detectors, and with the exception of the Beachhunter TDI, only one new one in the last 6 years or so, so a new entrant into the field is welcome news.

Until Fisher showed a prototype a couple of months ago at the outdoor fair in Germany, no one on the forums had seen the current device. The only information was in the form of older videos of prototype Manta’s at French beaches. LE.JAG, the chief tester started posting his experiences with the machine. Most recently, the Chief Designer, Alexandre Tartar has posted specific information. I also posted a few details of my very limited time with the prototype in October 2018.

That’s it so far. Nobody is urging anybody to buy anything - there isn’t anything to buy yet. No waiting lists, no preorders, no hoopla from Fisher.

Sharing information, even reasonable speculation along with personal opinion is what I have always thought forums are for and why I have been a member of several of them for many years - 13 years in the case of this forum.

Mountain Mike

You are correct sir, i do have concern's , Rick has been beating around the bush on question's from other member's, made statement's about this detector without posting proof, no video's , the pick he just posted look's like it's good 8 to 12 inches, Mark just posted the TDI will hit a nickel at 17, so ya i do want to see video's of this machine pulling nickels at 20 , as all BS so far, if i am going to spend 700 clams more than a Ctx for a machine , i do want to see it, a huge thread , with no proof backup is all i see from a Fisher spokesman, i am starting to think a TDI might do what this machine will do at 1 1/2 times less in cost, Mike its time for Rick now as 85 % of his post's are about this machine, including 3 other forum's , to produce proof of performance of this machine, in live prototype video's is all i ask, if he can't , there are atleast 10 people including pro's on here , that will keep asking un answered question's , regard's Earl

When I have mentioned a TDI it is because I have owned two of them, the last one is happily finding lots of relics in California with Paul P. I have lots of time in the field with the TDI and understand its operation well.

As far as beach hunting, all of mine was during the 2 years I lived in Yorktown VA. I used my original TDI as well as a Whites DF.

The post above says that their TDI hits 17” nickels at the beach, my last one would hit them at that distance in air tests - with GB off.

Alexandre is now asserting that the current rev of the AQ is hitting 17” nickels in wet beach sand not only in all metal but in each of the iron ID modes.

When it reaches the market everyone will have plenty of opportunity to either try it themselves or consider the reports of those who have used it.

At that point, your quote above will be come operative...”I’m a beachhunter and I tell it like I see it....”. You will be able to see it - then you can tell it.

Till then, no one can say if the AQ will run happily at 7microseconds delay on your mineralized beaches. It should be noted however that the testing in France for years has been on very mineralized beaches full of black sand and a type of soil known as Alios here’s a description of the stuff from a Canadian geological handbook - bilingual French/English

iron pan - alios
A thin indurated soil horizon in which iron is a major constituent of the cementing material. Several kinds of cementing materials occur:
I iron - organic matter complexes;
II hydrous oxides of manganese and iron; and
III hydrous iron oxides.

You can clearly see the stuff in the pictures LE.JAG has posted, here’s one

2588l1i.jpg

When you have seen it, you will judge - one way or another - till then, your skepticism is understood.

Its not that I am skeptical Rick... some want the 7uS to find small gold which are usually diamond rings.. Getting depth water hunting with any pulse is really not a huge factor for me...the gold I hunt has been in the water for decades.. I'm not a fresh drop hunter.. even though most gold does not bleed into the surrounding sand some of it does increasing the depth of the detectors I use.. especially older 18/14/10 carat gold...

Like I have mentioned already any quality pulse would have found those gold LE JAG found.. fresh drop hunters want to see the small stuff.. and I am not their spokesman ;)

The picture of the beach you posted here looks looks just like the flats of CT.. the magnet in my scoop after every hunt has whiskers like a 5 o'clock shadow before I switched to a different kind of hunting..

You are correct sir, i do have concern's , Rick has been beating around the bush on question's from other member's, made statement's about this detector without posting proof, no video's , the pick he just posted look's like it's good 8 to 12 inches, Mark just posted the TDI will hit a nickel at 17, so ya i do want to see video's of this machine pulling nickels at 20 , as all BS so far, if i am going to spend 700 clams more than a Ctx for a machine , i do want to see it, a huge thread , with no proof backup is all i see from a Fisher spokesman, i am starting to think a TDI might do what this machine will do at 1 1/2 times less in cost, Mike its time for Rick now as 85 % of his post's are about this machine, including 3 other forum's , to produce proof of performance of this machine, in live prototype video's is all i ask, if he can't , there are atleast 10 people including pro's on here , that will keep asking un answered question's , regard's Earl

Earl... as I said to Rick.. water hunting or hunting the wet flats depth is not as important... I have recovered rings 18 plus inches.. do you know how much work that is? Forget 20 inch nickels..

Earl, you busily list demands - the stuff you think I owe you - I owe you exactly nothing.

I am arguing no case, merely posting the information I have found and adding my own comments and conclusions. I do not speak for Fisher, I speak for me.

Feel free to doubt information or assertions. No video proves anything - we all know how to pick apart any video demo which reaches a conclusion we don’t accept - should have done this - shouldn’t have done that - we’ve all been there.

Until an AQ is in your hands or the hands of one of your buddies whose knowledge and expertise you respect and is thouroughly wrung out, you have no reasonable basis for making a purchasing decision.

Wait, don’t wait, buy one someday or not - nobody but you cares.

And by the way, you keep mentioning that I post my stuff on multiple forums - you seem to be very fixated on that fact - since when is that a bad thing? I have been a member of all those forums for more than 10 years and have every right to post anything I want anytime as long as I don’t violate the forums usage rules.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom