Anyone near Elgin IL?

Just found out my wife is starting at 8am instead of 1pm (hours got changed just tonight)! I can make it earlier if the rest of you can. If not, no big deal....I'll just show up at 1:30 as planned. Let me know....don't mean to come up with this at the last minute, so no big deal either way.

Warner

Just found out my wife is starting at 8am instead of 1pm (hours got changed just tonight)! I can make it earlier if the rest of you can. If not, no big deal....I'll just show up at 1:30 as planned. Let me know....don't mean to come up with this at the last minute, so no big deal either way.

Warner
I couldn't be there til 1130...so I it changes from 130 let me know...

Did we end up with a final count?

I couldn't be there til 1130...so I it changes from 130 let me know...

Did we end up with a final count?

I think it's me, you, Fledge, and Bodyman from what I can tell. I can do anytime. If the others can't make it until 1:30, you can stop by my house at 11:30 if you want to and we can search my yard and get something to eat....up to you. Let me know either way. I'll PM you my cell number.

Warner

Hey guys....thanks for a GREAT time today. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. Thank you Fledge for letting me use your detector and I hope you guys had fun digging up my yard! Sorry I had to cut it short, and I feel like I wasn't a very good host at my house, either....we got so wrapped up in searching that I thought later what a horrible host I was. Maybe next time I can make it up to you guys!

Warner

Hey guys....thanks for a GREAT time today. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. Thank you Fledge for letting me use your detector and I hope you guys had fun digging up my yard! Sorry I had to cut it short, and I feel like I wasn't a very good host at my house, either....we got so wrapped up in searching that I thought later what a horrible host I was. Maybe next time I can make it up to you guys!

Warner

thank YOU,....it was a great time...and the merc and buffalo nickle ROCKED...

you were an excellent host...I'm sure I speak for all of us when I tell you it was a great time and it was really appreciated.

It was really nice of all of you guys to teach me. Having seen and used several different detectors yesterday, I really don't know what I'd want. The expensive units sure seemed to have an advantage, at least in my perception, but all of them found stuff. One thing I learned FOR SURE is there's NO WAY I would ever get into this hobby without that Garrett ProPointer....those are a necessity in my book. Improvised tools, like what Bodyman made, were also extremely helpful. I learned way more in this one outing with you guys than I ever could have in months of going out alone. It was VERY cool to find the mercury dime and the buffalo nickel right in my front yard, too! I think you would all agree that there's a lot more stuff in my yard, and I think these old Elgin neighborhoods would turn up tons of cool finds. Where did you guys head out to after leaving my house? Did you find anything else notable?

Thanks again guys,

Warner

It was really nice of all of you guys to teach me. Having seen and used several different detectors yesterday, I really don't know what I'd want. The expensive units sure seemed to have an advantage, at least in my perception, but all of them found stuff. One thing I learned FOR SURE is there's NO WAY I would ever get into this hobby without that Garrett ProPointer....those are a necessity in my book. Improvised tools, like what Bodyman made, were also extremely helpful. I learned way more in this one outing with you guys than I ever could have in months of going out alone. It was VERY cool to find the mercury dime and the buffalo nickel right in my front yard, too! I think you would all agree that there's a lot more stuff in my yard, and I think these old Elgin neighborhoods would turn up tons of cool finds. Where did you guys head out to after leaving my house? Did you find anything else notable?

Thanks again guys,

Warner

I think I'm going to "need" to get a PP as well...that was an incredible piece of equipment.

Im glad you guys had a great time. Yes the PP is a must have. Warner we did not hunt very long after you had to leave. Fred, Bodyman, and I hit a small school in the neighborhood for about an hour. Did not find much just pocket change. Can't wait til we all go hunting again. Anytime you guys are ready hit me up!!!

Im glad you guys had a great time. Yes the PP is a must have. Warner we did not hunt very long after you had to leave. Fred, Bodyman, and I hit a small school in the neighborhood for about an hour. Did not find much just pocket change. Can't wait til we all go hunting again. Anytime you guys are ready hit me up!!!

I was talking to the neighbor chick today while I'm cooking some pork shoulder in the smoker, and she said we could search her yard whenever we want to....she said "finders keepers". She's a pretty good neighbor at the end of the day....kind of a party chick, but a decent neighbor.

Warner

Hi I had a good time on Sat. I stopped at that park across from the school and found about .58 cents . Good find on the buffalo and the dime in the yard its an interesting area. I stopped at a couple little parks on the way home , also not to much.

Hi I had a good time on Sat. I stopped at that park across from the school and found about .58 cents . Good find on the buffalo and the dime in the yard its an interesting area. I stopped at a couple little parks on the way home , also not to much.

Sounds like my yard was the most productive place! Haha.....not a surprise, I think there's a LOT to be found in yards in my neighborhood....it's an old city.

Warner

PS - What did you find on the ring? Anything? I hope it's worth a million bucks! Haha...

Here's a crappy phone-camera picture of the Mercury dime that we found in my front yard. Pryan has the buffalo nickel if he wants to post a photo of it.

Warner

frontofmerc.jpg

backofmerc.jpg

Just garbage on the ring . Maybe next time. But the stone kinda fits in the silver necklace I found that was missing the stone

Back
Top Bottom