Deep detectors

sipa

Hi! I`m from Estonia and sorry for my english, I hope you understand.
I have used e-trac about 2 years and now I need one detector more. Does anyone know some detectors, which can take coins from deeper. Something like minelab gpx, but it should be cheaper. GPX is very good detector but it`s too expensive. Germany can take good technology, may be they make some good detectors, which can take deeper ? Suggest me, if somebody know something. Thanks !

Welcome to the forum from Texas. Your English is very good. I don't own an e trac but I know a lot of people that do and from what I understand it is one of the best deep coin machines on the market. Someone on here will come along with a little more info. Happy hunting.

Sonny.

Welcome. Your english is pretty good, no problems in that area :)

What kind of coils you have for the E-trac? Increasing coil size might be the easiest and cheapest way to get the depth you want. Haven't used them personally but you can get 18x15" SEF coil for E-trac...but I'm sure others will chime in.

Voriax

Last edited:
Welcome. Your english is pretty good, no problems in that area :)

What kind of coils you have for the E-trac? Increasing coil size might be the easiest and cheapest way to get the depth you want. Haven't used them personally but you can get 18x15" SEF coil for E-trac...but I'm sure others will chime in.

Voriax

I have a 11" coil and I know it´s the best. Other bigger sef coils doesn´t give so much depth that I need. In Estonian fields theres many coins quite deep. Plowing have turned coins so deep, that e-trac doesn´t find these. Some coins are deeper than 17".

Look into the Garrett Infinium LS (waterproof) or Whites TDI Pro (little more sensitive but not waterproof). Both are PI detectors so you can't discriminate out iron, but they will get a lot more depth than any VLF. Both have ground balancing. The Whites TDI can use Minelab GPX coils.

I own the Infinium and digging coins at 18"+ is common.

Infinium runs around $1,000. TDI runs around $1,500. May be a little more expensive in Estonia.

I don't know a lot about them, but at that depth, you are probably looking at a PI machine or possibly a two box machine. Although I think the latter is more for cache's than coin shooting..... Maybe rent a bulldozer and peel off 5" at a time..... :digginahole:

Whites TDI or some other PI machine would be best. 17 inches is asking too much of a VLF machine.

Keep in mind PI machines normally have no or limited iron discrimination, but they will get you more depth, and may be exactly what you need if you just want to dig everything that is 18 inches deep.

Back
Top Bottom