Odd Little Find

Lee1968

Elite Member
I had hunted an old farm house to death with my NOX 600, and pulled some pretty good finds out of there. Thought I would switch it up a bit and hit the yard one more time, this time with my AT Pro. The only keeper of the day is this tag for a rose patent. I have been detecting for years, and had never came across one, so I am thinking it must be a little unusual. The patent is from 1962, so not terribly old, but still kind of cool in my opinion. It was patented by D.H. Morey Jr. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

20210125_181838 - Edited.jpg

Cool find ! I have found a few of those. They sound great and you can't not dig them. One I found said Golden Shower on it and you know a few of the members had a good time with that one. Good luck, Mark.

First one I found I thought was a dog tag, and the rose variety was "John F. Kennedy" - I was like, "Who names their dog John F. Kennedy?"

Oh I hate those with a passion, When I got my first detector at my old house and was playing with it in my yard I had to of pulled 30 of those things out of it. The first 3 or 4 seemed cool, after I got up into the teens and twenties and never wanted to see another. They do ring up nice though.

Yup. Still a good find. Any of those found find in or near bushes is a great clue. Some of my best finds have been old torn out bushes and hedges! I’d hit that area again.

Back
Top Bottom