• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites MX Sport......thoughts?

FF/MEDIC

I'm looking to buy a freshwater detector. I owned an ATpro a few years ago and I liked it but didn't love it. I have done some searches on the MX sport and I see that they had issues but seem to have them resolved since last September. My question is with the current deal of free waterproof headphones and an updated (post 9/16 detector) is this going to be a better choice than an ATpro? I know the max is coming out soon and at the same price point....not sure if I should wait or not. I guess I'm impatient lol. I cannot bring myself to pre order the max because I'm always concerned that the "bugs" will need to be worked out. That being said I don't want to wait until the end of summer (water hunting season for me) to make my decision on the max.

JMO, but the MX Sport is kind of a failure. I do not think they are selling well because they have had issues and plain and simply aren't that great of a machine. Too heavy and not remarkable in any other way.
I would go back with an AT Pro but just my opinion.

MX sport is a beautiful machine. every machine has its early glitches and they are all solved now. Plus whites is such a great company for customer service they will fix nearly anything to make it right if there was a problem. Sport has better depth and seperation than at pro, better screen display, better balance for under water.... doesn't try and float up like at pro, has more tones than at pro, Has an true all metal mode as well. You will not regret purchasing this machine.

I've been running one for about 6 months now in western NY, if you have any questions just pm me.

Back
Top Bottom