• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites V3i, VX3 or E-trac???

bigdad75

Forum Supporter
Whites V3i, VX3 or E-trac???I’ve been going back and forth in my head for over a month now and I’m still not sure what one to buy, I do coins most of the time and I seem to have high mineralization in the soil here so I would like to hear the good and bad points from my fellow forum members, I’m using a MXT now and it’s just not cutting it.
thanks

Its one of those posts I shouldn't answer but I went through this as of late. First off all the dealers in my area are all saying the V3I is !!!!. I have have proof to back this up but lets just get this done.

I have used all the upper end whites, The V3I is a wonderful machine probably the best overall. The VX3 I wouldnt know I couldn't get my hands on one no matter how hard I've tried. Couldn't get in anywhere to turn it on, that tells me it doesn't stack up.

I know everything there is about all these Whites but based on the specs on the VX3 its missing some major pro gold features used on the V3I and the DFX. So I wanted to take a look, and know one was showing. With the right settings I can disc out or break up tabs and skip over them and pull gold if its there.

These features do not exist on the VX3 but again it has features they may optimize the machine. Still no show, no go. I went with a stock DFX with a 9.5 coil right out of the box. Guy pulled it out from under the stairs in the box full coverage so I grabbed it.

My opinion is worth nothing but as I see it Whites has destroyed its product line completely. Been doing this now 10 years and could have went with both upper end machines but I'd like to get back having fun and stop playing with these machines. I'm happy with my purchase, no experience with the E I have used one but one time out I cant help you. I didn't like it but like anything after 7-8 hunts maybe. If you can do the V3I its the best, better then me... Good Luck

Whites V3i, VX3 or E-trac???I’ve been going back and forth in my head for over a month now and I’m still not sure what one to buy, I do coins most of the time and I seem to have high mineralization in the soil here so I would like to hear the good and bad points from my fellow forum members, I’m using a MXT now and it’s just not cutting it.
thanks

If you have high mineralization, have you tried putting a 6X10 DD on your MXT?

The MXT is a great machine in high mineralization areas but you do need to use a DD coil to get the most our of it.

I was Whites DFX user for a few years. I switched over the E-Trac.

I love it and don't look back.

The Etrac is very stable, and does well in high EMI environments.

If your main focus is coins, the Etrac is a monster machine.

If your main focus is everything else (small buttons/Jewerly) go with the V3I

The thing I like most about my E-Trac is the how easy and simple it is.

I found myself frustrated with the DFX always wondering if I had the right settings dialed in, ever after reading books and forums online about it, I was always scratching my head.

Where as the E-Trac is very easy, you send it up once and really don't need to touch it again....

Depends on what you're looking to hunt and how much you're willing to squeeze out of the machine.

Plenty of guys on here with both.

The MXT is a mean machine....have you spent some time on it or is that opinion based on a short time using it?

It goes deep and is a coin, gold and relic sniffer. Has ground balance, good discrimination, etc, etc. and also works in salty/mineralized environments.

I have the MXT Pro and I do like to muli-tone feature which the MXT does not have.

If you have high mineralization, have you tried putting a 6X10 DD on your MXT?

The MXT is a great machine in high mineralization areas but you do need to use a DD coil to get the most our of it.

Yes I tried and sometime use the 6x10,its very chatty I have to turn the gain way down and most targets are about 4” same with the 10dd,my best so far is the 950 coil I may get 6-7”, but after a rain when the ground is moist the 6x10 is great, the areas I’m fishing are old home sites with a gravel dirt mix on top but I have a permit for about 12 of these sites for just this year so I’m trying to make the best of it, I’d hate to leave something behind, I like the mxt almost every square yard I have a target, I just want more depth.

Yes I tried and sometime use the 6x10,its very chatty I have to turn the gain way down and most targets are about 4” same with the 10dd,my best so far is the 950 coil I may get 6-7”, but after a rain when the ground is moist the 6x10 is great, the areas I’m fishing are old home sites with a gravel dirt mix on top but I have a permit for about 12 of these sites for just this year so I’m trying to make the best of it, I’d hate to leave something behind, I like the mxt almost every square yard I have a target, I just want more depth.

Chatty? What settings do you usually run with when you experience this chattyness? Can you describe what you mean by chatty? Are these repeatable or random? Do they sound like targets or ...? Is there much iron in the ground?

chatty? What settings do you usually run with when you experience this chattyness? Can you describe what you mean by chatty? Are these repeatable or random? Do they sound like targets or ...? Is there much iron in the ground?

there is a lot of iron in the ground,its noisy seems like its unstable takes a while to get the ground balance set right,the best setting i use is relics,sometimes i set the ground to salt,but when the soil is moist,works perfect,and a lot of other places i go to there are no problems with it just these certain areas,and it not emi,so i just figured mabie a newer detector with mutable frequencies may work better for me
thanks

Get one of each.

Use any of those three Whites to narrow down potential gold targets and find all the gold jewelry from the busiest parks and high schools in town.

Pay for both detectors.

Use the E-Trac to go back through those schools and find the rest of the silver the Whites left behind, then find 200 more silver coins each year with it.

All the cool kids have Etracs :laughing:

I bet at least 60% of posting members on here have a Minelab Etrac. They are like North Face jackets, your little sister and your grandma both have one.

To me they just are leagues ahead of anything else

thanks

If your a coin guy like myself the Minelab E-Trac is the way to go!

Holler if you have questions!

http://bigboyshobbies.net/shop/minelab-e-trac-metal-detector/

I bet at least 60% of posting members on here have a Minelab Etrac. They are like North Face jackets, your little sister and your grandma both have one.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I must be really cool, I have both.:laughing::laughing::laughing::cool:

Most people on the forum hunt coins...I bought the V3i cause it will find everything...

Back
Top Bottom