Colonial Copper and SPANISH SILVER!

DigginLikeADog

I spent the afternoon hunting a local park in a high traffic area, just collecting clad- I figure a few dollars a day and I'll have a new detector next year. Anyway, my hips/back/knees were killing me so I decided I was going to go home. I headed back to my car, loaded up, and drove... to the other side of the park to detect a different area :laughing: I swear it happens to me more times than it doesn't.

This is an overgrown area of the park that doesn't get much foot traffic nowadays, but with its proximity to mainstreet, I had to give it a try
I decided to grid just a small section, sweep slow, and really listen carefully to the deep readings.. Ten minutes in I dug a 14" hole and out came a 1788 Vermont Copper!! I texted a picture to my father, filled the plug, and kept going, but with new found energy!

On the next pass through, not even 5 minutes later I got another funny sounding deep-reading. When I turned over the plug I could see a silver rim sticking out. I thought it was a barber dime at first and I was really excited! When I picked the coin out I couldn't believe it.. a 1781 Spanish Half Reale!!! My hands are still shaking! I detected for a few more minutes without luck and headed home.

Think I might go back tomorrow..?!

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG-0895.jpg
    IMG-0895.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG-0898.JPG
    IMG-0898.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG-0899.JPG
    IMG-0899.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG-0897.JPG
    IMG-0897.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 417
Of course, another New Englander making finds I’ll never see in a plug! [emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

Congrats on two amazing colonial coins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy !!!! that silver's in awesome shape for such an old coin! Big congrats on a couple of great finds!

Congratulations on some amazing finds! That half reale is in beautiful shape, and that big copper is awesome.

Nothing better than Spanish silver - I found my first and only half-reale a year or two ago, and I was grinning for a week.

You guys in the North East make me sick with your oldies............ecxept when winter arrives. LOL

Awesome finds, that is freaking cool, looks like you have to change your signature!

Back
Top Bottom