Head to the beach first time

MattLock

Elite Member
You regular beachcombers let me in on your secrets. I will be visting the cost for a while what are any tips on finding treasure.

Dig everything, dig often!

Watch people, they'll be where the loot is..

<°)))>{

Treasure is where you find it! Go early in the morning.
The bigger the beach access parking lots the more people.
Beach fronted hotels with beach bars are VG.
Towel lines and beach pathways are good.
Most beaches are hit hard by locals, in the early morning you can get a good idea who's out there and where they detect. Sunday & Monday mornings have seen the bigger weekend crowds. If you see a lot of others detecting, don't waste time digging deep targets, you'll cover more ground and pocket more targets picking fresh drops before the crowds arrive.
DL

They use baby diapers for beach lockers. Run a detector over used diapers just in case. :lol:

Old gold is where it's at unless you live near high profile beach's. Research the older swimming holes.

I'll be sticking to dry sand
Don't worry if other detectorists are out there. Often times, your competition isn't really competition at all. Use a good technique and thoroughly check an area before moving on. Best 'o Luck!

I found 30 cents and a nice pocket knife. And my first ever 2017 P penny right on the surface of the beach before I even assbelmed my md. The treasure seemed to be where the the cars parked on the beach and not where people sat

Back
Top Bottom