Very detailed review of Equinox 600

Des D is an experienced and careful operator. Read his conclusion.

I am beginning to think that ML cut off money for the development of the Nox too soon. A year from now or so, it would have been finished, but the need for cash flow from North America and Europe may have been overwhelming.

What they have launched in early 2018 is unique - multifreaker, waterproof, wireless phones - all for $600 -$800. In 2019 or 2020, it might not have been unique. Their competition is not done designing and introducing innovative machines.

I’m curious what exactly he is talking about with this quote, was he not using headphones and the speaker was vibrating?

“Some of the time (and I haven’t seen any mention of this anywhere) I got a vibration effect from the handle that allowed me to guesstimate depth. I’m not speaking about the ‘Makro Racer Vibration’ feature but I was very definitely feeling the entire handle area was alive with sensation even through the gloves I was wearing for protection.
I found it useful at times. I don’t know whether this was just my detector or because I had wrapped it in protective ‘Gorilla’ tape that was assisting the channelling of signals but, as I said, no one has reported it as far as I know? “

Des D is an experienced and careful operator. Read his conclusion.

I am beginning to think that ML cut off money for the development of the Nox too soon. A year from now or so, it would have been finished, but the need for cash flow from North America and Europe may have been overwhelming.

What they have launched in early 2018 is unique - multifreaker, waterproof, wireless phones - all for $600 -$800. In 2019 or 2020, it might not have been unique. Their competition is not done designing and introducing innovative machines.

I could say this about any manufacturer's new release.
They have to stop somewhere, right?
The detector is updatable, so let's see if this capability is indeed allowed to be used by owners.

We have seen changes made to other updatable detectors.
Like Impact.
Deus
CTX.

There will likely never be a perfect detector.
Time is indeed money.
But hopefully each model made by a manufacturer they get closer and closer.
Still they will never get there.
Just like any other electronic device.

How many years did it take First Texas to get the Emi out of the F75s with DST?
Maybe they released it too soon!!

I think the F-75 case was more of one where they listened to customer feedback over the years and realized that the marketplace wanted a different enphasis on the machine’s performance. With that, they wrapped up a sort of package of detail design changes and rolled out DST. As far as I know it also involved changing components for higher spec ones, not available when it was introduced.

I’m curious what exactly he is talking about with this quote, was he not using headphones and the speaker was vibrating?

“Some of the time (and I haven’t seen any mention of this anywhere) I got a vibration effect from the handle that allowed me to guesstimate depth. I’m not speaking about the ‘Makro Racer Vibration’ feature but I was very definitely feeling the entire handle area was alive with sensation even through the gloves I was wearing for protection.

I found it useful at times. I don’t know whether this was just my detector or because I had wrapped it in protective ‘Gorilla’ tape that was assisting the channelling of signals but, as I said, no one has reported it as far as I know? “

Yep. Speaker makes the handle vibrate. I mentioned that in my review as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could say this about any manufacturer's new release.
They have to stop somewhere, right?
The detector is updatable, so let's see if this capability is indeed allowed to be used by owners.

We have seen changes made to other updatable detectors.
Like Impact.
Deus
CTX.

There will likely never be a perfect detector.
Time is indeed money.
But hopefully each model made by a manufacturer they get closer and closer.
Still they will never get there.
Just like any other electronic device.

How many years did it take First Texas to get the Emi out of the F75s with DST?
Maybe they released it too soon!!

I don’t think you can really lump the CTX in with those two in regards to updates. The CTX only pushed out two, one to fix their broken seawater program, pinpoint lock, and fix launch issues. The other was to add Chinese. Mi Elba doesn’t have a great track record of post sale support in terms of updates. Hell, they denied claim after claim of drowned CTX’s claiming user error, and then updated the seals/battery box to stop the drowning.

I agree with Des D about the s handle being easier to swing. The s handle makes it so you can swing the detector closer to your side, making it easier on your back and shoulder.

I also think the X-Terra 705 ID's better than the Equinox.

Back
Top Bottom