L.M. CO. tag

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Found this today after work in a "new to me" park in South Milwaukee.
It's the size of a quarter, was 7" deep and rang in at a perfect 12-33 on the 3030.
The only place I know in the area with an L is Ladish?
Ladish Metalworking Co.?

Attachments

• 8-29-16 LM CO.jpg
    8-29-16 LM CO.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 175
i am guessing a valve tag. on bigger buildings, every valve (plumbing or boiler) has a tag and number that goes with a chart to say what it closes or opens. it might be one. look into line material company from milwaukee.

i am guessing a valve tag. on bigger buildings, every valve (plumbing or boiler) has a tag and number that goes with a chart to say what it closes or opens. it might be one. look into line material company from milwaukee.

I think you nailed it!

Line Material Company (in South Milwaukee!) started in 1911, purchased by McGraw Edison which eventually became Cooper Power:D

The Line Material Company, founded in 1911, grew to be a major force in the electrical manufacturing industry as manufacturers of fuses, switches, line hardware, arresters, transformers and more. Line Material became part of McGraw Electric in 1949.

Highlights
1920 − Porcelain-Housed Fuse Cutouts
1920 − Drop-Out Fuse Cutout
1920 − Expulsion Gap Arrester
1932 − Valve-Type Arrester
1933 − Circuit Reclosing Disconnecting Fuse Cutout
1934 − Glass-Housed Arrester
1938 − Ground Lead Disconnect Arrester
1949 − Capacitor Units w/Stainless Steel Tanks

Matt, I didn't think it had anything to do with Ladish as I have never heard of the company refer to as Metalworks. (Forgings, Hammer Mill, Blacksithing) are all terms used in their history book. I think that you got this one figured out. Jack

Back
Top Bottom