Teknetics Omega 8500 - Anyone Else Using One?

beephead

Elite Member
I've been playing around with the Omega 8500 some. My Omega 8000 version 6 is super fast, but my Omega 8500 in the deep '00' mode is blazing fast. I'm going to try these settings with the Omega 8500 the next time that I go detecting with it: Discrimination 0, Notch 0, Sensitivity 70, Tones D5, Deep '00', Volume for Iron -7, Foil -7, Nickel -7, Pull Tab -7, Screw Cap -7, Zinc -7, Dimes 10, Quarters 10. I sure like that the detector remembers its last settings when it's turned on.

Even though running the Omega 8500 in the super fast '00' deep mode is more sensitive to EMI with the volume tuned down on all but the dime and quarter ID segments, it's not all that annoying to listen to. Also in D5 Tones the deep '00' mode still gets good depth.

Using the super fast mode should unlock some masked silver coins.

Here's a video showing how all the modes work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOb5mgUSZfI

beephead

Old thread I know, but I just picked up a lightly used 8500 dirt cheap. I come from White's and Garret detectors so there will be a learning curve for sure.

Old thread I know, but I just picked up a lightly used 8500 dirt cheap. I come from White's and Garret detectors so there will be a learning curve for sure.

Get ready to have some fun! Not too much of a learning curve. How bad is the emi where you detect? Hopefully you won't have to deal with interference.

Get ready to have some fun! Not too much of a learning curve. How bad is the emi where you detect? Hopefully you won't have to deal with interference.

Just moved to the panhandle of West Virginia so not entirely sure, but should be better than it was in Manassas.

Back
Top Bottom