Defective Carrot

When you turn on the carrot, notice how easy the LED shines THROUGH the plastic. That ought to tell you how thick the plastic is.

I put a rubber cap on the tip before I took it out for the first time.

Well I sent it in and they sent it back "refurbished" at no cost.
Unfortunately, now it is not as sensitive:mad:
I turned it up to three beeps, but it is just not the same.
Anybody else have issues like this?

"They" probably didnt use chinese plastic.."They" probably ordered em pre made from china!...LOL
everyone says made in america....but i would be quite surprised if all the components werent all chinese! and assembled in texas

In Plumbing parts they make the box in the U.S. So if it says made in U.S.A. it actually isn't lying:shock:

I do not have that issue. But have noticed that the audio is growing weaker.

I noticed the same thing and then found that there was a lot of dirt inside the carrot. After shaking and banging it out, the audio level increased dramatically. Have no clue how so much dirt got inside - but it helped to clean it out.

I bought this new back in April and as I was cleaning the dirt off of it for winter storage, I noticed a little "dent" in the tip.
After cleaning with a toothpick, it caved in and is now a hole.
Hopefully I can find my receipt.

Anyone else ever see a problem like this?

My old pro-pointer wore down a lot more than this one, but never got a hole:?:

attachment.php

Garrett use good plastic material but the tip is very weak for scratching on tough ground.
You can buy some chair foot caps from homedept or lowes.
We provide four to all our Xpointer package.

...or do it once.

I wrapped the business end of my GPP a year ago with it and it's still on there

It's been wet, hot, cold and dirty and it still holds on

I could remove it now and you'd never know it was there. No sticky gunk left behind. I work professionally in video production and use it all the time for various things so decided to try it out one day and has been on there ever since.

Gaffers tape is great I use it at work quite frequently but what I use is gorilla tape, Very tough stuff.

I own two them and have had no problem UNTIL I dare use a "waterproof' PP in actual water! Ive got major issues with this product I've "drowned" two Carrots in the last month using them in about 2 feet of water! Ahem...not waterproof.. I sent one back a few weeks ago, they quickly sent me a replacement...only to fail again in water. GRRRRR I have to call on Monday and get an RMA....this is their last strike or I need another product.

Several years ago when everyone was coating their coils with bed liner, I coated the end of my Pro Pointer with it. I haven had any problems with it wearing out. If I do I will probably just add another layer of the bed liner to it. I believe that it's stronger than plastic dip.

I own two them and have had no problem UNTIL I dare use a "waterproof' PP in actual water! Ive got major issues with this product I've "drowned" two Carrots in the last month using them in about 2 feet of water! Ahem...not waterproof.. I sent one back a few weeks ago, they quickly sent me a replacement...only to fail again in water. GRRRRR I have to call on Monday and get an RMA....this is their last strike or I need another product.
Ohhh jeez I don't like hearing that ! Do you know where the water got in? Most likely the switch or the speaker? I've used mine a handful of times in the water and have not had an issue but may be more hesitant in the future.

Yup

Howdy, this might also help:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=76615

Lots of cool suggestions from folks... what "I" ended up using and am still using is in reply 38...but like I said... others had cool ideas too...

I did try the bed liner and dips... but with this AZ "Concrete like" ground it lasted a bit then yes, I would have to reapply... but these vinyl tips shown in reply 38... still have that one on now, lol.

Anyways, lots of great advice here and there etc, Happy Hunting!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom