Never let your GF go detecting with you!

Apophis

So I learned an important lesson yesterday, never ever ever ever let your GF go detecting with you!
1) You will only get to Detect for 20 mins out of the 4 hours you spend ant the beach
2) Any rings you find are automatically forfeit
3) any money you find gets handed to the Ice Cream vendor

Just joking ladies me and my GF had an amazing time! :laughing:
I did find about $8 in clad (that got spent on Ice Cream and beer) and a nice silver toe ring that got snatched as soon as it came out of the ground! (she is really fast :shock:!

Attachments

• DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 827
  • DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 845
  • DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 834
the only stamps in it say .925 and 3x13 or 11 not sure which any more GF has the ring and i could not get a clear pic.

Nice looking ring... funny you should bring topic this up... yesterday after our hunt we went to have a few cold drinks and a snack and I told the guys that I took my wife just one time to the beach and never again... she was sitting on the blanket reading a book and I was water hunting... in 45 minutes I have 3 gold rings... she came down to the waters edge and said lets go she was bored :roll:I took her home and figured I would go back the next tide cycle which I did to find 3 feet of fresh sand in a trough I was hunting :roll:

HAHA! almost the same thing happened here i was water hunting and i look up she is at the waters edge waving for me to come back so i decide to hunt up to the umbrella where she was sunbathing. I am not joking i was about a foot away from her when i get a good solid signal that turns out to be that ring..... she had it out of the scoop before i even saw it lol :laughing:

They get bored quickly.... wont be long and they only want you to show them what you got so they can take it rather than even be out there...... and some call us pirates.:laughing:

Dew

Congrats on the found & lost again scores!

I here you, went out yesterday and found white quartz. When I got home my wife asks if she can have it. :roll: Okay.

Nice toe ring.

Nice finds! I take my gf every once in awhile and she will detect as long as me, guess i've got a keeper here...

Another Op to GF

At one point in my early pirate years I felt it would be nice to have a female hunting partner or even one as my wife.... Now I see after talking to a few old timers, older then me with wife's who hunt with them, one needs there freedom, time alone. SO I have chosen a life a Piracy .... :pirate:

Very nice catch on the ring..!

I tell my wife if she want a ring she has to buy a metal detector and find her own ring....:lol::lol::lol:

They get bored quickly.... wont be long and they only want you to show them what you got so they can take it rather than even be out there...... and some call us pirates.:laughing:

Dew

That happens in REAL LIFE, as well! Well let me add...when the GF becomes your wifey.

(ask my divorce lawyer)

Last edited:
My better half's parents own a condo in Florida and I normally wake up early before she gets up to detect because I know she'll get bored and ask why I'm not spending real time with her.. She could buy her own detector and spend all the time she wants with me LOL (I tell her this all the time and I always get the same answer, which is along the lines of NO)

My wife is usually more than happy for me to go out for hours at a time by myself. I am not sure if I should be jealous of you guys or not :laughing:

She does like checking out what I find when I come back but isn't TOO bad about calling dibs on rings. My daughter on the other hand... :shock:

I traded a bunch of stuff i found for an anniversary ring for my wife. Metal detecting friend was jeweler. did me right. got my first machines from him. so i pretty much get free reign for what little time i get. and now clad change goes into granddaughters bank account too. i have learned to limit being i still work full time, and we work out a schedule. On her own she will say you can go hunting if you want to.. i am doing this or that or going to spend time with her dad. it actually works out with comprise after 32 + yrs of marriage. she dont have the desire to hunt, not an outside person anymore, nor has the health unfortunately. wish she did. we would do good together.

Back
Top Bottom