Last 2 Hunts - A Chunky Silver Today!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Friday’s After Work Hunt – An Exercise in Frustration
I was looking forward to a nice 4 hour water hunt after a long week that had some night time events for my school. I get to the beach, put my water jug under the life guard station, set myself up with the equipment, get over to the water and turn on the detector and…S I L E N C E.:shock: Oh my God!!! Then I panicked and I wasn’t sure if I had turned it on at all. My next thought was that it had turned itself on when I stored it the last time and then the batteries just drained away. In any case, I had to pack all my stuff up and head home! :mad: (I don’t carry extra batteries with my water set up). I looked at my watch and wondered if I could get home and change the batteries and return within 45 minutes, I would still have about 3 ½ hours of hunting. :impatient: I got home opened the battery compartment and checked the batteries and they were good. I go back to the detector and check inside and I see that one of the battery leads had come apart. I quickly fixed it and headed back to the beach and I got in my 3 ½ hours! I thought was going to redeem my horrible start with the small owl charm, but alas, it was not gold. It was still great to be able to unwind out there in the water though. :yes:

Today's Hunt: Last Target - Silver Snake!
I went back to the beach I took my mother a couple of weeks ago for a sunrise hunt. There was just over an hour of low tide left. I knew I was going to rake in the pennies here but this beach has given up more than its share of interesting stuff. I saw 2 other pairs of :pirates: out there again! I think one set of the :pirates: were the same ones that I talked to 2 weeks ago. The Colombian flag colored string earring gave an overload signal and I thought it was going to be the top of a can. I was very surprised at what it was. I looked at my watch and my 4 hours were up as it was time to go home. I start heading back and I dug a strange high-tone signal. As I pull up the scoop, I see a silvery snake start to head down into the sand in the scoop. :shock: Well, I quickly grabbed it and tamed that monster and put it in the safety pouch for the journey home!:D I looked at my watch it was 11:03. I turned off the detector and went in as I was happy with the last catch and it was time to call it a day. Over a hundred targets and a nice chunky silver...Life is Good! :yes:

Attachments

• 8-29-14.jpg
    8-29-14.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 8-29-14 Owl.jpg
    8-29-14 Owl.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 8-31-14.jpg
    8-31-14.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 8-31-14 Silver.jpg
    8-31-14 Silver.jpg