Rubber Sleeve for Toggle Switch

Finger off a rubber glove, piece of rubber or vinyl tubing, sealed on one end, either heat, glue, or chemically. Heat-shrink tubing gets kind of stiff after it shrinks...

Good point and one I hadn't thought of until.. :)

I use the stuff often, always bothered me when trying to stuff wires back into a case, and the just don't want go where then need to be, so they don't get pinched.

One of the electrical supply houses like dig-key has a special nut with a bonded rubber o-ring for the metal toggle switch to go through (seals out dirt & moisture) & they also the nut with the bonded rubber boot that incases the toggle switch to.

I just don't have a catalog handy to look it up in, sorry.

wonderer

Check radioshack

I would go to radioshack for a real switch boot. They usually have every thing you need to build your own componants from scratch.

Howdy... I went to local drug store... For my silver uMax... Wally world also... Found the little eye dropper with the rubber squeeze thing... Pops off... Placed over my toggle... Used silicone around the edge... The clear stuff... Fit pretty much perfect... Was cheap... Been over a year.... Seen a ton of use.... Not a problem with it... Still on tight. Would do this again in a heart beat. Fit was like it was made for it. And looks nice too. Keeps dirt and water out.

Had spent days looking for screw on one etc... Tried this and am real pleased.

Ron.

Howdy... I went to local drug store... For my silver uMax... Wally world also... Found the little eye dropper with the rubber squeeze thing... Pops off... Placed over my toggle... Used silicone around the edge... The clear stuff... Fit pretty much perfect... Was cheap... Been over a year.... Seen a ton of use.... Not a problem with it... Still on tight. Would do this again in a heart beat. Fit was like it was made for it. And looks nice too. Keeps dirt and water out.

Ron.

try this...

Ron.

Howdy... For my silver uMax... Looked around for screw on type... Got tired of looking.... Went to local drug store... Wally world has em too... Bought small eye dropper... The rubber squeeze top pops right off... Took some clear silicone... Put on the edge of rubber top.. fit pretty much perfect over my toggle. Looks nice. Have had on for over a year... Still on like new... And it sees a ton of use. Keep water and dirt out. Was cheap too. Would do it again... In a heart beat. Simple, cheap.... And fits like it was made for it.

Ron

Sorry ... Not sure what happened... Posted many times... At first looked like my system was hung... Started to re write... And post again. Next thing I knew... Multiple posts. Not sure how to delete the dupe. My apologies.

Back
Top Bottom