Back in the 'swing' of things!

HiDesertHunter

Got back to 'swinging' it after a couple year hiatus. Nothing eye popping but a railroad spike from an area I have been wanting to detect that was a part of an old ranch close to my house. Got out and only a couple minutes in (and a good tone) my detector started acting odd and I got a 'low batt' display - thought I put new batteries in but they might have been some older ones laying around. Well had to run to town for a few things - and new batteries - went home and spent the afternoon detecting on my own property and found an old hunting knife along with some standard junk. Going to get back to it more frequently!

Got back to 'swinging' it after a couple year hiatus. Nothing eye popping but a railroad spike from an area I have been wanting to detect that was a part of an old ranch close to my house. Got out and only a couple minutes in (and a good tone) my detector started acting odd and I got a 'low batt' display - thought I put new batteries in but they might have been some older ones laying around. Well had to run to town for a few things - and new batteries - went home and spent the afternoon detecting on my own property and found an old hunting knife along with some standard junk. Going to get back to it more frequently!

It is a lot of fun to get out after you haven't detected in a while. I also took a hiatus and I am having a great time now. I haven't missed but one or two days since I bought a new machine.

It is a lot of fun to get out after you haven't detected in a while.
Yep - no doubt and where I live I have UNLIMITED areas to detect - heck I could spend the rest of my life detecting and never be more than a half hour from my house!

Last edited:
welcomebackchalkboardhh.jpg

Well got back out today for a while but the weather wasn't as nice as it has been and it was only 37 today with a little dusting of snow but I hunted for a while anyway. Found another four railroad spikes and the standard bullets so it's obvious this was a former rail line - most likely it was a temporary line for a lumber mill that had operations in the area in the early 20's. Probably spend a little more time there when it warms up and see if anything of real interest shows up!

Last edited:
Welcome back! i am just coming back in after taking a little over a year off from detecting. Got bit by the kayak fishing bug and with the mild winter we had around here last year, I never really stayed off the lake for long.

Some of my honey holes needed time to refill also. ;)

Last edited:
It is a lot of fun to get out after you haven't detected in a while. I also took a hiatus and I am having a great time now. I haven't missed but one or two days since I bought a new machine.

Glad you got back in. Didn’t realize you left the area until Martin told me. Hope all is well.

Glad you got back in. Didn’t realize you left the area until Martin told me. Hope all is well.
Yes, I am living in the Hill Country and love it here. Beautiful area and the Guadalupe River is just a few miles from my house. I am detecting quite a bit but places are not as plentiful down here. I miss all the places to hunt there. I am learning where I can go and have done pretty good lately. Hope you are doing well and if you get down this way give me a shout.
Pesc

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yes, I am living in the Hill Country and love it here. Beautiful area and the Guadalupe River is just a few miles from my house. I am detecting quite a bit but places are not as plentiful down here. I miss all the places to hunt there. I am learning where I can go and have done pretty good lately. Hope you are doing well and if you get down this way give me a shout.
Pesc

It is beautiful down that way. Been seeing ads for plots of land down near Hamilton that have me tempted for sure. Way too much growth, too fast where I am at.

What machine are you swinging these days?

It is beautiful down that way. Been seeing ads for plots of land down near Hamilton that have me tempted for sure. Way too much growth, too fast where I am at.

What machine are you swinging these days?
Whites Treasure Pro until I can afford a MX Sport hopefully before summer. I really would like to have a submersible machine.

Whites Treasure Pro until I can afford a MX Sport hopefully before summer. I really would like to have a submersible machine.

I am a little surprised you aren't considering investing in the Equinox 800. Waterproof, fast, very light and a good price even at retail. Seems like a natural that you will get to it eventually 😊

Back
Top Bottom