Omg omg omg!!!

kylawrence

I went out in my backyard about an hour ago and decided to MD for a minute under the nightlight by an old storage building with a dirt floor that used to be a shed for when this ground was used for a small vineyard and I got a strong dime signal. I found 2 Morgan Dollars one dated 1884 and another one dated 1900 wrapped up in aluminum foil and the foil wrapped up in an old brown rough textured material with thin wire wrapped around it in a small jar. This is my first old coin findings since I started metal detecting 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• md1.jpg
    md1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 9,735
  • md2.jpg
    md2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 9,776
  • md3.jpg
    md3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 9,751
  • md4.jpg
    md4.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 9,761
WOW! That is awesome! A cache? :hmmm: Both in awesome condition. Never leave your backyard! :no2:

Awesome finds, congratulations on the great results! Those are coins people dream of finding! Hope you can find some more over there!

The funny thing is that I have been all over the back yard and never detected these before tonight. I was amazed at the condition they were in myself and the 1884 is in better condition than the 1900.

Amazing!! I think we can all safely say that you are now officially hooked on this hobby. What an amazing find. Thanks for sharing.

WOW! That is awesome! A cache? :hmmm: Both in awesome condition. Never leave your backyard! :no2:

The funny thing is that I have been all over the back yard and never detected these before tonight. I was amazed at the condition they were in myself and the 1884 is in better condition than the 1900.

There's no way they could have been buried too many years though. When did they start making aluminum foil?

Wow! Unbelievable find much less your first.:shock: Congrats and what a way to start your treasure collecting.:clapping:

Wow!!! Finding one in a hole is worthy of an eye popping find much less 2! They both look in super shape. Way to go on an amazing find! a cache at that!

Aluminum foil has been around a long time. In the woods that is a good indicator of old coins.

Back
Top Bottom