• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

WW2 ammunition

cruiserkev

Elite Member
Posted this in another area but thought it might get more interest here. Found all this yesterday in a park that used to be part of Fort Lewis. I believe It's a box magazine from an M1 rifle, plus a .50 cal, all live. Bonus buffalo nickel too. :grin:

Attachments

• Fotor_152475261153383.jpg
    Fotor_152475261153383.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 605
The 50 cal is from Lake City Armory made in 1945. Independence, Missouri

No idea on the other ones unless you know the headstamps.

Nice older finds. I enjoy finding live 50's. Mine are a lot older though. 1918 - 1926

Posted this in another area but thought it might get more interest here. Found all this yesterday in a park that used to be part of Fort Lewis. I believe It's a box magazine from an M1 rifle, plus a .50 cal, all live. Bonus buffalo nickel too. :grin:

Look at the bottom (headstamp) you should see something like LC and a 2 digit number.. the 2 digit is your year

Nice finds. That is an 8 round clip for a Garand.

The 50 cal is from Lake City Armory made in 1945. Independence, Missouri

No idea on the other ones unless you know the headstamps.

Nice older finds. I enjoy finding live 50's. Mine are a lot older though. 1918 - 1926

Thanks ScubaDetector!

I checked the other headstamps and they are marked 43 L C.

Also provided a picture of another M-1 magazine I found. These are marked 43 G W and have no projectile although all primers are intact.

Could these be blanks or maybe training rounds?

Attachments

• 20180426_143549.jpg
    20180426_143549.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 384
Thanks ScubaDetector!

I checked the other headstamps and they are marked 43 L C.

Also provided a picture of another M-1 magazine I found. These are marked 43 G W and have no projectile although all primers are intact.

Could these be blanks or maybe training rounds?

Bingo, training rounds. Used to have powder in them and cardboard cap on the end. Used for war games.

You might find a blank adapter out there also. They fit on the end of the rifle so the gas would still work the bolt mechanism and reload the rifle.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0....0.fBjRX6SnAak

Attachments

• m1 blank.jpg
    m1 blank.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 398
A little cleaning it with soap and water trying to find the date is all. No luck though. It was under some rotted boards so maybe that helped keep it so shiny? Not complaining, it's only my 2nd buffalo, happy to have it :grin:

Back
Top Bottom