Improperly equipped and envious of others

RAiny season is just starting but this is very unusual! Set the sensitivity at about 3 bars and stay in the dry or very high tide area. Good luck! This is why I upgraded to an Excalibur for beach hunting.

Good Luck on your vacation, I know we need someone to turn off this rain and T storms, water levels are insane..I've not been out in almost a week. And I know Craig is going crazy, not seen him out in a month...And where is Earl? He get washed away...:stormy:
Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

RAiny season is just starting but this is very unusual! Set the sensitivity at about 3 bars and stay in the dry or very high tide area. Good luck! This is why I upgraded to an Excalibur for beach hunting.
That's actually what I started doing this morning. I hit the area with all the seaweed that marks the high tide line. Here is what I found. Going out again after lunch with the family. Some change, an earring that read as iron, and some horned animal skull looking thing. Think that's off a necklace or something. Not rich yet but cool finds!
e4d0018097bcc723d665a343dcdb0c37.jpg

would it not? The guy was out there for like 10 hours and digging plenty of holes. I think I need to start doing more research haha

I suppose if you want to hunt the dry sand then it would work, but get in wet sand or in the water and i have seen at pro's chatter like crazy.

That's actually what I started doing this morning. I hit the area with all the seaweed that marks the high tide line. Here is what I found. Going out again after lunch with the family. Some change, an earring that read as iron, and some horned animal skull looking thing. Think that's off a necklace or something. Not rich yet but cool finds!
e4d0018097bcc723d665a343dcdb0c37.jpg

Nice!

Here is what I found. Going out again after lunch with the family. Some change, an earring that read as iron, and some horned animal skull looking thing.
I was there six weeks ago with the CTX. Total finds were $0.36. :laughing: :no: :lol:

You should have posted your location sooner. I have a spare PI you could have borrowed.

Fair point lol

I was there six weeks ago with the CTX. Total finds were $0.36. :laughing: :no: [emoji38]

You should have posted your location sooner. I have a spare PI you could have borrowed.

Now that wouldve been cool, thanks for the offer though!

I only have one more day on the beach. I made about 1 dollar in change haha but it was fun. I'll see if I can find anything else before heading home.

Its fine. I started with a bounty hunter tracker IV and I live at the beach! It was fun going on the dry sand for a few months before I upgraded. The one thing I do hate about dry sand hunting though is that its much hotter on the dry sand and the bugs tend to eat you.

We hunt Daytona. Pretty much all of Florida east coast is sanded in. Bad thing is when it rains even the used to be dry sand gets noisy with single frequencies. Do have one friend who hunts Daytona with an AT pro. You wont get Minelab depth but you will find some stuff. I had ace 250's and 350's. The larger accelerater aftermarket coil worked better than the stock in the wet sand. Now all i run are Whites, Minelab, and Fisher. Started finding the goods back in the day with a Whites DFX. Still one of the best detectors ever invented.

We hunt Daytona. Pretty much all of Florida east coast is sanded in. Bad thing is when it rains even the used to be dry sand gets noisy with single frequencies. Do have one friend who hunts Daytona with an AT pro. You wont get Minelab depth but you will find some stuff. I had ace 250's and 350's. The larger accelerater aftermarket coil worked better than the stock in the wet sand. Now all i run are Whites, Minelab, and Fisher. Started finding the goods back in the day with a Whites DFX. Still one of the best detectors ever invented.

I played with my ACE in the rained sand, and got a few false signals. I got a lot of false signals as I got closer to the low tide mark. It seems like the false signals read mostly as iron, which I would cancel out anyways. I'm would think my detection depth is affected though. Now you've got me wondering if I should get a new detecter or simply swap my coils as I detect different areas. I don't plan on doing either for a few months but I'm just curious now.

Obn

Got a ton of rain here, i am 37 foot above sea level, guess what yet another thunder storm happening wright now, just want it to dry enough so i can cut my grass with a 1300 lb mower without sinking in the turf :laughing:, even the ocean temp is only 58 degree's, a depressing year so far, i hope everyones luck will change, Earl

On vacation for the first time in years, and I figured I'd do some detecting on the beach. Sadly, my baby ACE 200 can't handle wet sand. I planned to stick to the dry parts of the beach and cover the area where cars park in the sand. Turns out it's going to rain every single day I'm in Florida. So I'm just sitting around watching other fellow detecters pan the beach with their beach detectors. Wonder if those people are on these forums lol, good luck to them I guess.. One of them had the AT Pro and a super fancy sand scoop, I couldn't see the others too well. At least I found plenty of shells... Anyone else ever try detecting a wet beach with a detector that isn't meant to do that? So far I found 4 pennies, a nickel, and a dime. But all of that was in mostly dry sand.

yeah I just put a heavy mil clear plastic bag over the detector. the ace 200 is waterproof to the handle but the rest isnt so just cover it up and tape it shut the headphones you can do the same thing with a saran wrap the cable can get wet also but the headphones cant. its simple just tape and plastic.

Found my first couple gold with a Fisher F2 in the dry sand and tot lots. Don’t give up, there is gold in the dry also. Don’t let grass is greener syndrome get to you, wet sand looks tempting but stay in the dry until you find gold to pay for a wet sand capable machine.

Got a ton of rain here, i am 37 foot above sea level, guess what yet another thunder storm happening wright now, just want it to dry enough so i can cut my grass with a 1300 lb mower without sinking in the turf :laughing:, even the ocean temp is only 58 degree's, a depressing year so far, i hope everyones luck will change, Earl

Just got back from vacation. Yesterday was perfect! Maybe too perfect because I'm sunburned everywhere.. Hopefully you got the same weather

Back
Top Bottom