Vanquish 540 Multi-IQ question.

tinsmith

Elite Member
Anyone Know which frequencies the Vanquish 540 has? Wondering if its the same ones in the Equinox line which is 5,10, 15, 20, 40 I think.

I tried looking in the manual and can't find the Freqs.

Minelab said in an email they are not releasing the frequencies yet. The pictures look like there’s only 3 frequencies though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, The main reason I'd buy a Vanquish is Multi IQ. It'll identify targets deeper like the Nox. Or so goes the theory. Save up another 150 and go from the V pro package to a Nox 600. It's all for fun. The excitement of another detector arriving at the door is truthfully my reason to get another. More than what freaks it puts out. New toy syndrome!

Thanks, The main reason I'd buy a Vanquish is Multi IQ. It'll identify targets deeper like the Nox. Or so goes the theory. Save up another 150 and go from the V pro package to a Nox 600. It's all for fun. The excitement of another detector arriving at the door is truthfully my reason to get another. More than what freaks it puts out. New toy syndrome!

If the Vanquish only has 3 frequencies then I would say it's no great loss for its intended purposes. They're not marketing it as a beach or small gold machine. Blends of 10,15,20 along with appropriate preset recovery speeds, descrimination patterns and iron biases, cover the model's coin, relic and jewelry modes.

Besides, I've never seen anything that proves the Equinox is always blending different mixes of ALL five of the frequencies in EVERY hunt mode. Maybe Park and Beach don't use 40 kHz frequency at all, for example. Maybe gold mode doesn't use 5 and 10 kHz. That's pretty likely.

You just can't tell without picking the software apart. The detector is likely sending all frequencies the same in every mode and the post processing is what does the balancing. So, you could use equipment to test what frequencies are being sent from the transmitting side of the coil, and that would prove which frequencies are present, but it wouldn't prove how they frequencies are processed.

If the Vanquish only has 3 frequencies then I would say it's no great loss for its intended purposes. They're not marketing it as a beach or small gold machine. Blends of 10,15,20 along with appropriate preset recovery speeds, descrimination patterns and iron biases, cover the model's coin, relic and jewelry modes.

Besides, I've never seen anything that proves the Equinox is always blending different mixes of ALL five of the frequencies in EVERY hunt mode. Maybe Park and Beach don't use 40 kHz frequency at all, for example. Maybe gold mode doesn't use 5 and 10 kHz. That's pretty likely.

You just can't tell without picking the software apart. The detector is likely sending all frequencies the same in every mode and the post processing is what does the balancing. So, you could use equipment to test what frequencies are being sent from the transmitting side of the coil, and that would prove which frequencies are present, but it wouldn't prove how they frequencies are processed.

But it is a beach detector for looooooowwww price!!!!!!!!👍👍👍👍

I have the Vanquish 340. I am a gold prospector and micro jewelry hunter in addition to being a very avid turf hunter. I have been very surprised at the tiny targets that the Vanquish 340 with its 10X7" V10 coil can hit. Just testing it on nuggets, it can easily hit down to a .1 gram nugget and in the field I have already dug earring backs, earring posts and other non-ferrous bits of metal that my pinpointer will not find. I have had to do the gold prospector hand wave over the coil with a handful of dirt several times so far using the Vanquish 340. I am going to have to carry a scoop with me from now on........

I have also had the opportunity to have two of my over 21 year old kids use it along with an 11 year old from across the street from me. They all gave the 340 big thumbs up for how easy it was to be successful with it quickly and especially for how comfortable it was to use. Those two same kids of mine who have some metal detecting experience have struggled with the detectors in my profile signature and found all them to be overwhelming to operate and thought the Equinox was very uncomfortable to use.

So, I am guessing that something around 20 kHz is one of the frequencies in use and that the Vanquish series will make a great micro and larger jewelry detector on the beach, sand volleyball courts, tot lots, etc. I would not be afraid to gold prospect with it as a backup if it can handle high mineralization. So far in the moderate to high mineralization in my area, it has been quiet and stable.....

Jeff

But it is a beach detector for looooooowwww price!!!!!!!!👍👍👍👍

I'm not saying it won't work very well on dry or wet sand away from the big waves, and the multi IQ does help. Their advertising materials and lack of a "beach mode" clearly show they're not trying to market it as one.

I'm not saying it won't work very well on dry or wet sand away from the big waves, and the multi IQ does help. Their advertising materials and lack of a "beach mode" clearly show they're not trying to market it as one.

Maybe because it is not waterproof is the reason why.

Seems to me if they infact use the term multi-IQ when talking about vanquish it should be operating freq wise the same as Eqx one would think.
Now there are other things that could be altered that might make the vanquish fall short performance wise vs the more expensive EQX.

Now why do I believe what I say above.
See this link. Minelab comments on vanquish abilities on beach. Even though doesn’t have beach mode per se.
https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/vanquish-540

A good check would be to compare Nox and vanquish on some real small low conductors and see what happens. Items close to coil. And note differences. If 40 kHz is left out of vanquish we would see it here doing this I think. Compare a land mode not use beach on Nox.

Btw I called today and was going to buy a 540 propack. None available period vanquish not wise. Was going to shoot some video using vanquish. Killl some time.

Back
Top Bottom