First water hunt of the year

scott.f

Elite Member
I got out after work and hunted about 4 hours. Targets were few and very deep but I managed 4 rings, two popcorn rings and two 10k gold ones, plus a bit over 3 dollars in clad.
:)

Here are the rings...
2gld.JPG

Gotta love gold.
HH all

WTG Scott! A great start to a great summer!

(the ice finally melted there huh?) ;)

Hi Scott!  WTG!  Nice looking rings.  I have yet to find a ring.

I don't know how you all water hunt in the cold (any water below 78 and temps below 80!) - I thought I would freeze yesterday in the water when the wind kicked up to make a windchill of about 78!   :shock:  I decided I needed to get at least a neoprene vest or shorty or something.
How you all do it in the real cold -- I think about everytime I'm out in the water and my admiration and respect for you all grows! 

HH
Tabdigger in cool  (LOL) SoFL   :roll:

Tab,

You don't even feel the cold water through our waders.. and for our hands we use Hothands pads stuffed in our guantlet gloves and everything is nice and toasty.. Except the few times I went too deep and got a 36 degree surprise down my waders lol...

Water temp warming nicely now its getting above the mid 40's..

Craig is right, neophrene does keep you warm. I also use neophrene gloves from Walmart. I buy them to fit tight, once the water is in it warms up and you don't notice the cold.

Wow! I guess I'm super wimpy for sure. Good to know the neoprene keeps you warm. Sill, you guys (and gals - Carol?) have my utmost respect for dealing with the colder elements.

Tabdigger - glad she's in SFla cause she can't take the cold! :grin:

HH

Saaaweeeeeeet Scott!!

Nice Gold, we need to get together real soon, Dale is meeting me at Gull Lake at 130pm today,,,interested? H.H.:-)

Scott good finds for the first day, hope the rest of the season is like that or better for you . ;) Raoul

thats is a good start> I have thought about getting a water machine, but all that beach sand is so easy too deal with. going too have to think about it alot more..

seas1to2 said:
thats is a good start>  I have thought about getting a water machine, but all that beach sand is so easy too deal with. going too have to think about it alot more..

Sea's... In the water are better finds than on the sand... I don't care if I ever use my land detector again.... There is an added bonus to hunting in the water, if you use a sifter it can double as a platform for the clams we find :D

Now if SFla only had clams ....   ;)

I grew up on clams and cod in Rhode Island!  I used to watch my father turn blue digging Quahogs off our boat! Ah yes, the days ...  (many, many moons ago!)

Anyway, no such animal down here.  Conch, but I've never found a live one in the water.  Anyway ...

I'll be going out again this weekend.  Try some different spots.  I have to use places where there is wheelchair access -- I care for my handicap brother - and have to set him up in a beach wheelchair before I can go out ...  it's a drag but hey, he gets out and I get to hunt!   :yes:  It's OK...

Tabdigger

Back
Top Bottom