ENDED GetDiggin's Find of the Month! (October)

Last day of the contest so I will just throw this out there.
Found today.

Attachments

• merc 44.jpg
    merc 44.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 579
This is the first, I knew of the contest..:shock:. and Oct has been the best detecting month for me this year !PART_1444694963570_KIMG0021.jpg
Found Oct.12 th
Trick or Wheat every one !:D

Okie Dokie, its November 1st so October Finds is now over. I hope everyone had a great Halloween! Please give the other judges and myself a few days to go over the finds/posts and talk and I will then post and contact the 3 winners.

Thanks again.
Rich [ GetDiggin ]

Sorry that it is taking a little longer than expected. I am still waiting on one judges response. I will post winners as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Rich [ GetDiggin ]

Results are in! The 3 judges picked their favorite 4 and then we each blindly rated the overall favorite picks from 1 to 10, then I added all our votes and the top 3 highest numbers became our top 3. Congrats to the top 3! I will be contacting each winner individually with pictures of the prizes you can pick from, after the winners all choose their prizes I will also post them here so people can see what everyone won. Please give me a few days to contact the winners, I will be out of town for a couple days and also need to take pictures of all the options, etc. You should hear from me within the next few days and I'll post all the prizes next week. Winners are as followed

1st = pa-searcher
2nd = bergie
3rd = bobac

Thanks again everyone for taking part
Rich [ GetDiggin ]

Results are in! The 3 judges picked their favorite 4 and then we each blindly rated the overall favorite picks from 1 to 10, then I added all our votes and the top 3 highest numbers became our top 3. Congrats to the top 3! I will be contacting each winner individually with pictures of the prizes you can pick from, after the winners all choose their prizes I will also post them here so people can see what everyone won. Please give me a few days to contact the winners, I will be out of town for a couple days and also need to take pictures of all the options, etc. You should hear from me within the next few days and I'll post all the prizes next week. Winners are as followed

1st = pa-searcher
2nd = bergie
3rd = bobac

Thanks again everyone for taking part
Rich [ GetDiggin ]

Fun contest, and I also thank everyone for entering. Many nice finds here!

First-

I was joking with the guys on the chat forum last night that I wanted to go out this morning for a few hours to the site where i got last weeks 1847 half dime and find her twin sister so it wouldn't be so lonely.After a half hour and digging lots of lead and some brass casings,I dug what once again i thought was another headstamp and once again I was so wrong.My heart goes out to cgw007 who lost his mom on friday and was unable to join me.Although not as good of shape as my other one I shall cherish it just as much and will always wonder what a coin minted in New Orleans was doing up here in the hills of Pennsylvania.

attachment.php

Second-

Found this nice Civil War infantry button best one I have found. Still has some of the gilding the one it.USA AT-PRO

attachment.php

Third-

Well, I know the month is young yet, but I will throw this little guy in the ring.
I dug this up on 10/2 ? I think.....
It was from a park where we have pulled some 1800s stuff.

From what I can dig up online I see that the Hickok buckle company was formed in 1909 in Rochester NY on Water street.
After the passing of the founder the two sons created the Hickok best pro athlete award belt as tribute to their father.
They had big awards ceremonies every year in Rochester to present the award.
Recipients include Muhammad Ali , OJ Simpson, Pete Rose, Phil Rizzuto, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, ..........
I haven't yet got an exact date on this particular buckle, but the similar ones on Ebay are saying 1920s.......
I found this one with my CTX3030. It was around 11 inches deep and under two brutal roots I just had to cut....I almost let it go cus I had just dug 3 pieces of aluminum antenna earlier, but they were not quite that deep.

attachment.php

Prizes

Okie Dokie everyone, I'm back for a little bit so figured I'd get those pictures taken so I can get everyone's selection asap so I will be able to get them out in the mail this week! I am just going to post all the options right here in the forums so I can use FMDF as the photo host, I'm just going to upload them with this post. I will still contact all the winners individually too, just to congratulate them and let them know their options are posted, etc. Here is how the prizes will break down, by the way 2nd place got a bit lucky, my dad sold his buddy ALL the true mid size fixed blades we had. So 2nd place is getting a 13" fixed istead of the 9"-10" fixed blades, so that should make them happy hehe, so again here is how prizes are broke down

1st Place gets their pick of one (1) of the 15" fixed knife (3 blade styles to pick from) and one (1) of the 4.5"- 5" folding knife (9 styles to pick from)!

2nd Place gets their pick of one (1) of the 13" fixed knife (2 styles to pick from) and one (1) of the 4.5" - 5" folding knife (9 styles to pick from)!

3rd Place gets their pick of two (2) of the 4.5" - 5" folding knives (9 to pick from)!

The first picture is of the 15" fixed blades, the second picture is of the 13" fixed blades, the third picture is of the 5" folding knives, and the fourth and final picture is of the 4.5" folding knives. Thanks again for taking part in the contest, maybe when the season comes back again here in Michigan I may run another contest, may do different prizes that will be bound to get more people interested! **conniving laugh**. So make sure to keep a eye out for it in March/April or so, somewhere around there. Also Congratulations to the three (3) Winners again!

Thanks Everyone, HH,
Rich [ GetDiggin ]

Attachments

• IMG_20151109_152237.jpg
    IMG_20151109_152237.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20151109_151312.jpg
    IMG_20151109_151312.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_20151109_152710.jpg
    IMG_20151109_152710.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20151109_153237.jpg
    IMG_20151109_153237.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 298
Sorry I have not been on lately, been really hectic with the holidays plus ive been super sore. Anywhos just wanted to stop in and make sure all 3 winners have received their prizes? If you see this post please let me know you all received them with no problems.

Thanks,
Rich

Back
Top Bottom