Beach hunting edict

Swepty

I'm off to Florida next week and plan to hunt the beaches down there. I have a few questions about beach hunting.

I'm very new to this and still a little apprehensive to pull out the detector if there are lot of people around.

When do you hunt the beach? Towards the evening when most people have packed up for the day? Do you hunt "around" people during the day?

I will have the Ace 250, any pointer on setting for this machine for beach hunting.

I believe i asked this already, but will the ace be OK to hunt in water along the shore? If yes, what kind of care do i need to apply to the coil after I'm done hunting in the water? I don't want to ruin anything!

Thanks!

its about a 2 hour drive for me so most times I will hunt all day, even with tons of people, I just keep my distace( 10ft or so) an almost all people doen't seem brother by this at all, in fact I have to stop a lot too answer question an have to say everybody has been super friendly, sure I miss alot by doding in between people, but its just to far a drive to only hunt a couple of hours.Like I said if you keep your distance an really show that your giving the people around you room I have never had a problem, or just get there right when the sun comes up an you have about 3-4 hours before the crouds

Swepty...

Stick to the dry sand... The 250 really doesn't like the salt and if you have to turn the sensitivity down to be able to detect you're going to lose depth... Those who want to hunt in the water or close to it should buy a water machine... it only takes a splash from a wave to ruin your day or lifting the coil and forgeting where you are to have a little salt water in your electronics. Honestly your detector can't get down far enough to find the deep gold.

Swepty -
I try to show up early about 6am, and leave about 3 - 3.5 hours later. That's about the time people start to show up for the beach. I don't like to feel that I'm intruding and I don't like people "hovering around me" to see what I find. I haven't tried late afternoons/early evening so I can't speak for that time, but I think it should be about the same. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies!

We leave for Florida Tuesday at Midnight! The Ace 250 showed up Saturday Morning while i was out painting a buddies house. My wife heard the door but didn't go to it. Luckally one of my kids looked outside and yelled, "It's the mailman and he has a present!". They caught the mailman as he was getting ready t drive off. SHEW!!

I'm still packing and won't be back online until I get to the condo and lets hope it has wireless internet! If not, I'll see you guys in 2 WEEKS! Florida here i come!

Back
Top Bottom