Question for TDK WR700 wireless users...

JNimons

Forum Supporter
...Especially E-Trac users...

Got to use mine this afternoon. Wow is it nice being unleashed! Only problem is I'm super disappointed with the sound quality. I had them hooked up to my Galaxy Tab and was watching detecting vids on YouTube, and the sound quality blew me away. Not so much on my Etrac. It seems like it took all the tones and moved them toward midrange. My low tones aren't clear at all...and my high tones sound nothing like with the wired phones. The Etrac is such a vocal machine, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep using the TDK's or not. They work perfectly and they are comfortable, it just sounds like a different machine. Going to try again tomorrow and see if I get used to it.

Anyone else notice this???

Never used them but always noticed the higher end headphones seem to be more "muted" due to the higher impedance levels. Which is supposed to be good once you get used to them.

...Especially E-Trac users...

Got to use mine this afternoon. Wow is it nice being unleashed! Only problem is I'm super disappointed with the sound quality. I had them hooked up to my Galaxy Tab and was watching detecting vids on YouTube, and the sound quality blew me away. Not so much on my Etrac. It seems like it took all the tones and moved them toward midrange. My low tones aren't clear at all...and my high tones sound nothing like with the wired phones. The Etrac is such a vocal machine, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep using the TDK's or not. They work perfectly and they are comfortable, it just sounds like a different machine. Going to try again tomorrow and see if I get used to it.

Anyone else notice this???

Are you using the supplied small chord? Inline volume?

Well.....I have approximately 20 hours on the tdks. same set of batteries ,though I'm bringing back ups today. Love being unleashed...takes some getting used to...I still avoid the chord...lol. I ended up turning headset volume down a little and they sound much. much better. Going to have to buy another pair or 2 before they aren't available!

Well.....I have approximately 20 hours on the tdks. same set of batteries ,though I'm bringing back ups today. Love being unleashed...takes some getting used to...I still avoid the chord...lol. I ended up turning headset volume down a little and they sound much. much better. Going to have to buy another pair or 2 before they aren't available!

So do you have a higher end metal detector headphones you can compare them to?

Wondering what's the trade off? Is the wireless feature worth the potential of missing faint signals?

I'm ready to pull the trigger on something, just can't make up my mind.

I bought a pair of these months ago, but not really used them in the field. They are nice for stereo sources.

Well, I went to my yard where I have coins buried today and they kinda sucked. The tones are not sharp in the least. For sanity I put my wired Sunray Pro HPs and it was a dramatic difference.

I still like owning the wireless ones for music, etc. but they'll likely never see an actual hunt. Ite tones sorta sound "splashed" is the best way I can describe it. It's really messy.

Back
Top Bottom