I came this far for two lousy Lincolns

40acre1870

Forum Supporter
Well I made my first attempt at an ocean hunt, the Sea of Cortez in San Carlos Mexico and I found two corroded Lincolns and a heart shaped something or other. :roll:

I had a great time and stayed mostly in the dry sand as my AT Pro was too erratic in the wet sand.

I did clean the beach of beer caps and pull tabs.

I know that I need a dedicated water machine if I want to do this more in the future. I will head back out later and see if I can change my luck.

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 560
  • beach3.jpg
    beach3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 554
  • heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 571
Great looking spot! Enjoy yourself as you have lots of research to do for a dedicated water machine. Glad you got out and get a 2nd spin happy hunting!

I have heard nothing but bad things about the AT in salt conditions..hopefully someone can help you out on this topic..till then enjoy the view.

Ground balance over wet sand then manually notch down two or three digits...will run smooth as silk.

You have to swing your coil over whatever before you are going to know it is there.

I feel your pain. When I find 3 cents at Malibu and a plastic Donald Duck eyeball find from a 3 hour hunt - BELIEVE ME - I understand!!! :yes:

Cool pics! Looks like an awesome place to hunt!

Try to do a low-tide wet sand hunt If you can, You'll probably have to play around with AT-Pro settings though to get it to calm down in the wet sand...GL!!

Back
Top Bottom