Youtube videos demonstrating proper usage of Samson T-Handle?

Dougmeister

Elite Member
I have been getting advice from other owners and experimenting with different methods. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me, links to videos, etc.

I insert the Samson to its full depth, then start to pry up the plug. Sometimes I "turn" it slightly to try to keep the root system intact. Sometimes I just pry it straight up.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

You should be cutting a circle and prying a little all the way around then pop out the plug from a couple of directions if trying to keep it perfectly intact.

With the sampson, I like to cut a plug like this |_| and flip it back, get the target, replace the plug. I can dig a plug like that in a matter of seconds!

Love my Samspon ball handle shovel, the best I've ever used!

I know this is an old thread to revive but I have the same question and was wondering if someone could give anymore detail. Are you lifting it out for each cut or do you saw around like you do with the hand tool?

I keep reading about how fast and tidy these are but it takes me twice the time to cut a plug with this as it does using the hand tool. Don't get me wrong, it's a quality tool and my go to digger but thats because I can give my knees a break not because it's faster.

If anyone know of a good video showing it being used the right way that would be perfect.

TIA

I have been getting advice from other owners and experimenting with different methods. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me, links to videos, etc.

I insert the Samson to its full depth, then start to pry up the plug. Sometimes I "turn" it slightly to try to keep the root system intact. Sometimes I just pry it straight up.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom