New clad cleaner!

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Some of you may remember this from last year:

Well this year the wife say NO WAY am I going to use her new treadmill to clean my coins this year.
So I went to harbor freight looking for the. dual drum tumbler. I was very surprised how small the drums were. Then I saw a vibratory tumbler sitting above it. There were 2 sizes but even the smaller one looked like it would handle more than the dual drum so I bought the small one for $52.

I got home and started doing some coin cleaning. First I threw $50 worth of quarters in, a couple handfuls of aquarium gravel and a few squirts of my "Fast Orange" hand cleaner from my shop and let it run for 2 hours. came out very nicely. Not all shiny and new but plenty good for tossing in the coin machine at my bank.
They have a coupon out for 25% off on Jan. 1st so that would be a good time to buy one. The larger one is $85. I may go back and get that one myself and sell off this one then.

Looks legit! I have the dual drum from harbor freight and it works pretty good but youre right they dont hold much. You have to keep up with your clad or you.get.overwhelmed quick lol ...thanks for posting , will have to look into one HH and Happy Holidays! :snowman3:

Do not buy Regular Media. Go to your local Pet Store and buy Crushed Walnut Hulls for Birds are Lizards. It will cost 1/4 the price of Tumbling Media. Petsmart or any of the large Pet stores carry it. I am actually using a Vibrating Tumbler right now but I do not have high Hopes. The Vibrator just does not work as well as a rotating Cylinder. The Coins do not circulate like Brass cases do.

The absolute best is a Rotating Thumblers Tumbler with Stainless Steel media and Water, nut it is messy. The Water is treated with a good Squirt of Dawn Dishwashing Soap and it turns Black as Coal very shortly. This Black !!!! gets on everything.

Do not buy Regular Media. Go to your local Pet Store and buy Crushed Walnut Hulls for Birds are Lizards. It will cost 1/4 the price of Tumbling Media. Petsmart or any of the large Pet stores carry it. I am actually using a Vibrating Tumbler right now but I do not have high Hopes. The Vibrator just does not work as well as a rotating Cylinder. The Coins do not circulate like Brass cases do.

The absolute best is a Rotating Thumblers Tumbler with Stainless Steel media and Water, nut it is messy. The Water is treated with a good Squirt of Dawn Dishwashing Soap and it turns Black as Coal very shortly. This Black !!!! gets on everything.

I use crushed walker shells for tumbling brass, and boy is that messy, I'd opt for another option if that was the best dry option, every thing including your hands will be stained red.

Back
Top Bottom