Minelab X-terra 705

detector88201

ok my question is what is the better factor coil the 7.5 with the regular package or the 18.5 that comes with the gold pack i live in NM so mostly dry dirt some areas are real rocky i hit grassy parks and sand boxes, wood chipps around play ground equipment i am looking for old silver coins, clad coins, jeawlry gold and silver as soon as i get my detector i plan to hit some old ghost towns in the mountians and a small creek where there might be gold i want to get the bast coil for me to start with in my area and for what i plan to hunt for i plan to get other coils later on but not for awhile

First, the only waterproof coils are the 9" concentrics (all 3 frequencies), and the 6" HF DD & 6" MF concentric. All others are only water resistant, so are not good for stream hunting. If you stay out of the water, then the Gold Pack is probably the better choice. It will work better in high trash areas, will work better around playground equipment, will work better in highly mineralized ground, and will be better on small gold than the 9" MF coil.

You'll find more than enough clad in your first year to pay for another coil.

Back
Top Bottom