Didn't Walk over this one....

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I was heading to my local park just for a short hunt this morning while the digging is good after all the rain and I passed by a neighbor who was outside smoking a cigarette that owns a corner house that I talk to all the time. I asked him if I can hunt his lawn because under these conditions I can't hurt it much at all and he said sure.
Using the Mojave I was coin shooting, pretty much cherry-picking just the high tones to see what was going on here and the first target I got was a copper memorial cent.
This was the second target I dug 10 seconds later.
This might be a pretty good permission, I think.

Had to come back home and switch out batteries in my pinpointer and post this...more to come I hope.

Attachments

• 20170624_082039-1.jpg
    20170624_082039-1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 594
  • 20170624_082053-1.jpg
    20170624_082053-1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 581
That's a champ big chunk of silver! How deep was it? The two I dug were only a few inches down.

3"...maybe 4".
The Mojave zeroed in on it great, pinpointed it and flipped over the plug...saw this thing stuck halfway into the bottom of the plug.
It was dirty from the muddy ground after the rain and I knew it was decent sized but I thought it was going to be a modern dollar coin or a token or something.
When I pulled it out it was bigger than I thought and I used my thumb to wipe off the mud and there she was...Lady Liberty taking a walk.
Shocked, awed and thrilled.

Here is the rest of of the stuff I found on my first run through its place.
A 1938 wheat was the only other old coin I found but I am sure there is more.

Part of Enos' Dukes of Hazzard Pontiac patrol car, another old brass water nozzle, I will see if the owner wants it because I have others, an old Master Lock key but no lion, a hair Barrett, some clad from mostly the 70's and an Incas jewelry costume ring.
They make silver rings too but this isn't one of them.

Attachments

• user10659_pic75754_1498323640_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    user10659_pic75754_1498323640_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 527
VERY nice digs! Not often we get big silver in the south like that. In great shape too!

Beautiful coin there...

The hunt is made, any time one of those shows..

Big congrats!

<°)))>{

I like the part where you said you had to stop home to change out your batteries.
I would have had to stop home to change my shorts!!!!!
Great recovery:yes:

Back
Top Bottom