First Gold E.V.E.R.!

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
Fore! I mean, Timber! No, uhm.. Gangway! Not that either.. uh, oh, I got it, Eureka!! Nope... lemme think... yeah! Yarrrr! Yeah, that's it!

I've been wishing and talking about someday finding something gold and tonight was the night.

I waited until about 7:30 this evening and it had cooled down to the high 80s (ha!) so I ran up the road to one of my usual hunting spots. Now, I've hunted this place weekly if not more most of the past 3 years and found very little there except one silver Rosie and a few wheat pennies, and a gilt military button...

So when I got there tonight I had very little expectation of finding anything. I decided since I've hunted it so much and taken out so much trash that I'd just dig anything that had a 12 in front of it. I got all geared up and started across the yard. Within about 10 feet of starting I got a signal that was 12-34/12-35 and bounced around a little at first then settled down.

Fairly well or fine enough, I figured I was digging either a bottle cap or a crusty zinc penny. Imagine my utter delight and surprise to see this come out of the dirt! It was about 3" to 4" deep. I could tell by the color of it that it was gold, and once I knocked the dirt out of the middle I could see the 14K mark inside!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Needless to say, the rest of the hunt was kind of anticlimactic, but I did find a cool old toasted pocket knife, a '46 wheat penny, a '60 memorial penny, a clad dime, and dug a little trash. It was so hard for me to concentrate that I kind of cut it short and came home to show BB. Still, for all that it was the best hunt ever at that particular site.

This ring fits me and is about 5/16" wide, a real nice 10 gram hefty band! I'm so excited it's not even funny. I think this almost tops the Morgan but not sure. :grin:

picture.php

picture.php

10g of 14K and you stayed longer? I would have turned around and went home.... nothing could have made that any better.

Great find!!!

Old style wedding band, these were popular in the first half of the last century but now the slimmer styles are more popular...if you can even find them in gold.
I wear one exactly like this.
Many millennials seem to opt for other cheaper metals now, titanium, stainless and whatever, even finding gold class rings is getting harder to do.
A great find lost by a member of a generation that had class so congratZ!

Congratulations on an awesome chunk of YELLOW,

If you weren't before.......you're hooked now!

Gold may be the worst drug of all.....lol

Noah

That ring is awesome..!! Big Congrats to you..

Thank You!

Congrats on your first gold!! that is sure a nice one

Thanks!

Congrats! It's got quite some weight too! :)

Thanks, yes, it's heavy!

Old style wedding band, these were popular in the first half of the last century but now the slimmer styles are more popular...if you can even find them in gold.
I wear one exactly like this.
Many millennials seem to opt for other cheaper metals now, titanium, stainless and whatever, even finding gold class rings is getting harder to do.
A great find lost by a member of a generation that had class so congratZ!

Thanks Digger and your assessment fits my site as it's a mid 20th century site. Also thanks for all the good F2 instruction, all of that played into me finding this thing even though it was with the 3030. You gave me a good hunting foundation :yes:

That truly is a Gorgeous Ring there! Congratulations BB! You got the fever?

Thanks Mud, and you know it! I actually have almost had gold fever as long as I can remember, I just used to get my gold the easy way :lol: by panning it! No gold here to pan in these parts... :lol:

Congratulations on your first GOLD!!!!:congras::dance::dance::confetti:

:woohoo::woohoo::woot: Thanks!!

Lol!

As many of us already know you just think you had gold fever before you find your first.
It is after you finally find some is when that fever gets really bad.
For the next 4 days or so you will be flying...after that is when the fun begins.

Since I already had it I expect it to just get exponentially worse. Thank goodness it's not terminal, just permanent :lol:

Congratulations on an awesome chunk of YELLOW,

If you weren't before.......you're hooked now!

Gold may be the worst drug of all.....lol

Noah

Yep, it is for me! Thanks!

Sweet find! If you are going to find a first gold, a chunky men's wedding ring is the way to go.

BCD

Thanks, that's what I thought! Funny thing is this thing fits my right ring finger just a little loose, so maybe it's a 7 or 8 at the most. If it was a man's he was a skinny dude!

Fore! I mean, Timber! No, uhm.. Gangway! Not that either.. uh, oh, I got it, Eureka!! Nope... lemme think... yeah! Yarrrr! Yeah, that's it!

I've been wishing and talking about someday finding something gold and tonight was the night.

I waited until about 7:30 this evening and it had cooled down to the high 80s (ha!) so I ran up the road to one of my usual hunting spots. Now, I've hunted this place weekly if not more most of the past 3 years and found very little there except one silver Rosie and a few wheat pennies, and a gilt military button...

So when I got there tonight I had very little expectation of finding anything. I decided since I've hunted it so much and taken out so much trash that I'd just dig anything that had a 12 in front of it. I got all geared up and started across the yard. Within about 10 feet of starting I got a signal that was 12-34/12-35 and bounced around a little at first then settled down.

Fairly well or fine enough, I figured I was digging either a bottle cap or a crusty zinc penny. Imagine my utter delight and surprise to see this come out of the dirt! It was about 3" to 4" deep. I could tell by the color of it that it was gold, and once I knocked the dirt out of the middle I could see the 14K mark inside!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Needless to say, the rest of the hunt was kind of anticlimactic, but I did find a cool old toasted pocket knife, a '46 wheat penny, a '60 memorial penny, a clad dime, and dug a little trash. It was so hard for me to concentrate that I kind of cut it short and came home to show BB. Still, for all that it was the best hunt ever at that particular site.

This ring fits me and is about 5/16" wide, a real nice 10 gram hefty band! I'm so excited it's not even funny. I think this almost tops the Morgan but not sure. :grin:

picture.php

picture.php

THAT's the way to do it! CONGRATS ON THE GREAT DIG!! woot!

Excellent trash hunting. :)

AWESOME gold, and to get a monster like that as your first is even better!

Thank you, I was plumb tickled with it! :yes:

THAT's the way to do it! CONGRATS ON THE GREAT DIG!! woot!

Excellent trash hunting. :)

Thanks Skippy! :yes: I had to do a better job on my hunting cause on my serious trash post I kinda felt judged and less than respectable due to my trash being somewhat... lacking... :laughing::lol:

Back
Top Bottom