Hotel

OkieDigger

Forum Chipmunk
Forum Supporter
I joined the local historical society in my area. I was speaking to the president of the society and without me asking he said I could metal detect the hotel they're renovating. It was built in 1899. Here's a couple of pics. They're going to tear up the brick side walk (which wasn't there originally) and redo it. I hope to be around and not on vacation when they do this so I can detect it.

Attachments

• hotel.jpg
    hotel.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 191
  • sidewalk.jpg
    sidewalk.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 193
Looks like a really good spot Okie. Hope ya get to hunt the sidewalks. Good luck

Hey Digger, need a hand? :lol:

Looks like a chance of a lifetime. Ask your historical society contact for the locations of the barn (where the horses where housed), the ouhouse and the dump. Although the privvy and the dump have many targets, they probably are out of reach of the detector, but many things must have been dropped along the way to and from.

That's not a bad idea Rudy. There's a ton of old pictures of the hotel. I should be able to find those spots. Thanks.

OOOOOOHHH that do look good OD. You ought to be able to come out of there with a lot of good finds.

They found a 1912 Barber quarter under the back porch when they tore it up last month. I'm salivating. I'm sure someone has already detected it, but you never know what they missed ;)

Back
Top Bottom