Just Want To Say That This Forum Is Spectacular!

I've been a member for just a few months. Everyone has been so helpful and welcoming. I'm starting to recognize your individual user names and remember other posts you have made. I've received PMs concerning ground balancing and advice on new coils. You have made me laugh and stare in utter amazement at your finds. Still trying to figure out that crazy MudPuppy... My son and I have so much fun seeing your responses to our finds. There is such a good mix of great people here. 50 years of experience and those of us with just a few months. Those who have dug thousands and thousands of wheats and those who are looking for their first. Beach and salt water hunters and even those who search snow!? The old timers haven't been condescending or patronizing in a bad way. What else can I say? Awesome. I do want to get that supporter medal. How do I contribute to the site?

I completely agree, SW! This site has been invaluable in educating me on countless MDing topics - but as you said, it's a constant source of entertainment and support, as well! Just a great community across the board.

Donations are easy - there's a green "donate" button near the top of every board page in the gray bar that also contains drop down menus for the "search" function, UserCP, etc.

Yes it is SW! I particularly think it's great that no matter who you are or where you're from, we can all be a band of brothers and sisters. No matter if you are in Ohio or Arizona, Canada, Russia or Australia, we all have this bond and live in peace and harmony through detecting. We should lead the world!

We are the 'Fellowship of the Ping!' SW! A few things I've thought of...

"Real Adventure is out of of doors...A married guy cant find nothing but trouble sitting around in the House!

"For a metal Detectorist, A 'job' often proves to be a temporary and unprofitable nuisance!

"Wealth is no respector of effort or intelligence!

"With all this poo, theres gotta be a Pony in here someplace!

"This is a Big Planet, coils are small, time is short and getting shorter...Time and Treasure wait for Nobody!

"Meats back on the Menu boys!:laughing: Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 99
  • turkey2.jpg
    turkey2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 101
  • sept 1314-1.jpg
    sept 1314-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 96
I totally agree, I have enjoyed the many finds, stories and advice given on this site

Agreed completey,this forum has been one hell of a help when I first got going and continues to be. I’ve also met some really like-minded guys who I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to call a “good friend”. I don’t think there are many,if any,axes to grind or egos to feed,it’s all in good fun. And that’s just what detecting is for most everybody...good fun.
I’m glad you and your boy are enjoying yourselves SW. The more time you spend doing this the more you will realize JUST how involved detecting really is. It is NOT quite as simple as the casual observer may think. The many aspects of it can keep you busy for life.
It’s great to see the “old timers” still posting as well,it says a lot about how enjoyable this thing can really be,to have it last 40-45 years and counting!
I’ve been at it less than 10 and have had some of the best moments of my life coin hunting. I hope you have some of the same!

Agreed, SW....I've only been here since March or April and it has been a blessing as far as information is concerned. I got my ATP in July, first machine, and it was because of this forum. I researched for several months, watched videos and read reviews, but ultimately it was because of the feedback and posts on this site. Great site, can't say enough. The community is very insightful and polite. Hard to find honestly and curtesy these days, and this place has it....HH

This is the best forum I have found, so I am sticking with it. It really is helpful and supportive, so looking forward to the coming months here!

Back
Top Bottom