Gold Bug SE

smith693

Sorry guys, I know this has been covered but I can't find it.

Bought an SE a year ago and just now really starting to use it. Went coin shooting today and had a few problems ( newbie) but noticed if I put a coin on the ground the readout jumped around a little in Disc mode and in All Metal.

I know I have version 1 software and remembered something about that but can't remember.

Anyway, plan to do some coin shooting and relic hunting with this machine, is there anything wrong with it? Is version 1 ok?

Sorry for elementary questions.

Ok maybe I was a little too broad with the questions.

Is the version1 software usable? What was the issue with it?

And I hope my struggles are just normal newbie struggles...

Thanks for any direction.

photo2.jpg
[/IMG]

Really just getting to know this machine. Did some air/yard testing and documented the readings on known coins.

Spent 30 minutes in a location I have scoped out for a while. Then the West Texas wind erupted and I called it a day.

Didn't dig everything, set disc to low tone at 50-60 (nickles at 58) and high tone everything else.

All the trash I dug, I predicted to be trash ( except one wing nut that I thought was quarter).

Was frustrated with machine for a few days, but think I may be learning enough to be dangerous!

I have recently purchased the G2 which is the teknetics cousin to the Gold Bug. I am having problems telling bottle caps from coins. Hoping with some more time I can tell the difference. Besides that I LOVE my G2.
As far as the software version, not too sure about the issues with the early versions. But I too am curious. I need to check the version on my G2....

Smith693 try air test with some coins .
My GB has the best ID i have seen in my mild soil.
Maybe there was trash near the coin .
Bottle caps can be tricky with DD coils .
If you get a soilid ID turn 90 degrees and sweep .
Caps tend to Jump on the ID .
Or sweep over center of coil then drag coil toward front or rear
and sweep again ID will break up on caps
The only problem i head of was when the GB was first released thy would not hit
large silver. Most if not all machines were recalled and tweeked
to fix problem Thy will hit smallest of small targets so pinpoint
sizing can be a big help there.

Back
Top Bottom