Wet suit/ Bootie Zipper Lubercation

We used wax on wetsuit zippers, back when I was dredging.

There's another product call "Sil-Glyde" that you can pickup at NAPA stores, that is a silicone based gel type lube - that would probably work well.

plumbers grease isnt bad either. Wonder if cooking paraffin would work as well? Used that on the bottom of bass boats and a lot of stuff that went in the water.

Dew

For me it's not the lack of lube, but the presence of sand that's the problem...I'm always real careful to get every grain rinsed out when I clean them.

Hunter Lubricant brand zip care lubricant by Zip Care from the local dive shop has kept zippers working and seals sealed on both my wet and dry suits. Booties zips work equally well. Everything gets a good rinsing so sand isn't an issue.

BEST cure for stuck bootie-zippers?

Eat less, exercise more and buy larger pants! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SageGrouse
Who prefers elastic waistbands anyway!

Zipper lube = wax. They sell it at dive shops. Beeswax to be exact. It works great

Second that scuba, amazing you would think the wax would collect sand but after using some about 3 weeks ago and maybe 10 hunts, still smooth.

super slick stuff,,,,at ACE Hardware,,,,kind of expensive but it is a spray lub that nothing sticks to,,,,use it for many things

Back
Top Bottom