AT Pro VDI ?

kelpike

Elite Member
When you hit a coin say for instance at 90, will that number stay 90 for each pass and for both directions or does the number fluctuate? I have hit a small piece of aluminum at around 90 but the number was fluctuating. I really did expect it to at least be a coin. And if a coin rings at a certain number, will that number stay the same if that coin is deep?

Sometimes it doesnt make CENTS

last month I had a 90 signal and dug a hole 12 inches deep and 12 across a real mess but I knew it was silver...my reward.. a memorial penny...then last week I get a 90 and under 4 inches of leaves and 2 inches of dirt a kennedy half dollar Clad....

I love the At but on those 90-99 signals its a guessing game...

it really depends, if there is another target near or close to it that will mess with the numbers. deep targets also mess with numbers so its always best to check out the deep ones

If it was easy everyone would have a detector. Can slaw is a curse.

Don't feel bad I've been at this hobby for 13 years & I today I tried using the 5x8 coil for about the 3rd time on my At-Pro & dug several deep pulltabs that rang in as a solid silver coin in the mid 80's on the VDI.... I think I'll go back to using the 8.5x11 coil it seems to be more stable in my hunting grounds...

I have a lot better luck going by the tones than the numbers. When you get a good repeatable 90's type number I will always hit it from 2 directions and if it's still sounds good then lift the coil off the ground a few inches and pinpoint and if it's loud a longways off the ground and you have tried iron audio (scratchy) then it's probably a big junk target.. Just takes a lot of digging and practice to figure out what it's telling you. Then about the time you think you have it mastered it makes a fool outa ya....:lol:

I have a lot better luck going by the tones than the numbers. When you get a good repeatable 90's type number I will always hit it from 2 directions and if it's still sounds good then lift the coil off the ground a few inches and pinpoint and if it's loud a longways off the ground and you have tried iron audio (scratchy) then it's probably a big junk target.. Just takes a lot of digging and practice to figure out what it's telling you. Then about the time you think you have it mastered it makes a fool outa ya....:lol:

I'm having trouble learning the tones. I think that might be because my last detector had seven tones. The iron audio is another feature I really need to learn.

Back
Top Bottom